weaning a preemie

dippy

Reaction score
weaning a preemie. 26 weeker now 6 months actual 3 months corrected

my preemie vomits alot and iv started weaning her however she still vomits after her solids. what can i do to reduce it. sometimes it so bad i feel like crying. help

Dippy does your preemie have reflux hun? we had a hard time weaning too

Reflux here too...Sophie is on staydown milk which helps to an extent but she is still sick after her solids sometimes too. Some days are worse than others. I don't know if there is anything that can be done to help though..she's not really bad now that she's on that milk but does still vomit at some point after each feed. She seems worse after things like petit filous for some reason.

I don't have any advice to offer as my LO is only 5.5 months actual.. but I did try him on solids the other day and although he only has mild reflux, it set him off bif time :(

Hey girls ur preemies r real beauties xxx sb yh she's a defogger but h swear her refluxin disappeared for 10 days then it got real bad all if a sudden then I tried weaning at the hope she would stop vomiting. But the vomiting I's just as bad. The amount of clothes I go thru is stressful. Plus I'm pregnant again and I'm high risk so maybe on bedrest in 2 weeks so wanted her to be ok before the help came in so ppl can handle her.
Also she's still only 9 lbs so I really wanted her to gain weight as that also depresses me. Ok I'm babblin but it's too much. Wat can I do to help or ease or ask the doctor for. She still on nutriprem milk. What is stay down milk? How much milk shud she be drinking with two meals a day? What first foods shud try? I'm giving rice cereal cerelak and puddings, I tried veggies yesterday and she refused to open her mouth do gave her rice pudding instead! Helpppppp !

Lol im replying of the iPod so fingers press the wrong buttons and realised I wrote defogger lol I was ment to say refluxer the spell check automatically corrects it or incorrects it. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->