weaning - gone backwards

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
My son has always been a very good eater. He was on toddler meals and chewing meat by 10 months...but now we are nearly one and he wont even eat lumps! He spits every lump out. This has been going on for four weeks and is getting worse.

We are back to purees!! I do the whole "fine then you wont get anything" routine and he carries on happily with no lunch, Then come dinner time, will happily have about two mouthfulls and refuse the rest and again go hungry!

HE seems to be living off cheese and yogerts. I tried giving him the lumpy stuff first so he was hungry, I tried giving him his favorite foods first so i know he is getting something, but he is going off his favorite foods too...hmmm

why why why why:dohh:

Caitlyn's doing the same. I think a few others are too. Fussy toddler thing I think

My son did this and i did the worse thing - I pandad to it - offered him something else - gave him two or three dif choices just to try and get him to eat...ect - he is now the fussiest 9 yr old eater i have ever known - and i teach a class of 9 yr olds so have met lots :rofl:

Not really sure what to suggest but wanted to say it is actually very common :hugs:

Toddlers go through diff stages, he might just not need much to eat right now. I would offer him the healthy stuff, lumps, regular food you know he is able to eat, he will eat what he needs, he won't let himself starve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->