Weaning help! forgotten everything!

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
My baby has ALWAYS been a very hungry baby since around a month or 2 old. I think the longest she has gone without a feed (in the day) is 2 hours!

I have been ebf. On christmas day she was exactly 5 months old so i gave her a little bit of the aptamil baby rice powder mixed with my breastmilk.have given that for the past 3 days now. I missed out giving her 'food' today as i was extremely busy.

Anyway im now so stuck on what to give! I have forgotten how i started it all with my first. I know i want to do blw and tw this time round instead of just tw. Should i just puree single veggies/fruits and give them for 2/3 days in a row before moving on to the next fruit/veg?

What about water? Is there any need for that now?

Im not in a rush as she doesn't seem that bothered by the food. She has eaten it the 3 days i have given it to her but she seems to eat it like a cat does, tongue out etc.. lol is this normal? I dont remember my son doing that at all.

Any help would be great thanks!

No idea - but following because I'm a little clueless about what I will do when the time comes.

You don't have to do one food at a time anymore if your family doesn't have a history of food allergy. For BLW, you just give them soft fingerfood, or even puree and let them use their hands/fingers. Or I prefer to feed those kind of food because I found oud it gets really messy.

I thought giving a combination was "tw." If you're giving purees, it's not BLW. Also, simply avoiding purees, doesn't make it BLW. I didn't do purees, but I didn't do BLW either. Anyway, meats are a good place to start as they get iron into your baby's system and are more readily digested than fruits and veggies. Liver is a nice soft consistency that's great for babies. Other meats can be shaved thin and against the grain. Fish is an EXCELLENT texture and also gets omega 3's in them. Egg is a great consistency for the toothless, as is cheese. Avocados and bananas are easy to digest and chewable without teeth. It also is a great source of saturated fat. Violet started eating in the summer time, so we'd also give her things like kiwi, strawberries, and other soft fruits.

I would only worry about going slow with introducing food if your family has a history of food sensitivities. If she does start to show signs of having a food sensitivity, you can always back off and slowly re-introduce foods so you can figure out where the problem lies.

I would wait until she's ready though. If she's ready, she'll show interest and her tongue thrust reflex will be gone.

My daughter is 6 months, i began giving her baby rice here and there didnt even feed her everyday.

The past 2 weeks iv tryed to remember to feed her everyday and its so much harder to remember this time, woops!!

So far shes had, mashed banana with milk - just at the start to see how she reacted
tuna and cheese, yoghurts, weetabix, steamed carrots, toast

Now that she seems totally fine with that i will move onto giving her things like a soft carrot that she can eat herself and chunks of fruits. I will also give her pureed meats. I have the Lorraine Kelly book and i find that quite good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->