Weaning - How much formula?

candeur

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I started weaning Seren a couple of weeks ago, and she was having some baby rice with her lunch time bottle, and having 4 full 7oz bottles of formula aswell.
Everything was going nicely but since last week she seems to be going off her formula, she has about 4oz, then I give her baby rice, but then she refuses any more milk, and won't take much of her night time bottle either. When I put the bottle to her mouth she just screams and screams.
Today I've tried moving her solids to her morning bottle to see if she will take more because she's hungrier in the morning, but same problem, however this time she took less solids and even less milk!
I've tried going back to just formula, but she just isn't satisfied then... Is it normal for babies to drop a bit of milk when they go onto solids? I've seen posts on here where some lo's are taking the exact same amount as before and I'm worried that Seren is losing out...

hey hun, when we first started weaning Annabelle she was having 5 6oz bottles a day.

when we had 2 meals introduced i dropped a bottle.

she also is not taking as much milk but has never been much of a milk lover, i cant get her to drink more than 4.5 -5 oz bottles now.

i read in my book that when on 3 meals a day they still need to be getting a minimum of 18oz of milk, not sure if thats correct or not though hun.

we just about manage that but i give her baby cereal for breakfast and that used 3oz of formula and i try and mix a little with her meals to thin it out a little but also to try and get the milk into her

not sure if that really helps you

Lou
xxx

Thanks, it's good ot know that the milk feeds do drop a little, although I am wondering, whether her poor appetite and her screaming could be down to her teething? She is dribbling an awful lot aswell.

My daughter did exactly the same as yours, started refusing her milk and I am lucky if she drinks more than 14oz a day now, she has 3 meals a day so I just make sure she has a little stars yogurt and some cheese with her meal (she is 6 months old). One thing I found that really helped was putting her milk in a tommee tippee beaker in the day time.
She also went off her food and milk when she was teeting but it only lasts a few days at a time then she is back to eating.
Hope this helps weaning is hard work!!

Liv is on two meals a day and has 4 7oz bottles but she doesn't always drink all the milk - she has some hungry days and some not - I guess its just like us really! x

lol i've got the opposite problem! katie's having 2-3 meals a day and she's on atleast 5 8oz bottles a day!! i'm trying to cut it out, by giving her water with one meal rather than milk, but she's just a hungry bunny!!

brooke is on 2 meals a day and she has 5 7oz bottles aswell, though some days she will drink thye lot then others not much, i just let her have what she wants as long as she has 20z in total in the very least

AJ is having 2 meals a day, I'm lucky if he takes 21oz. (Spread over 4 bottles.)

I feel so much better about it now, thanks alot everyone! x :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->