Weaning off breast/bottle

Missy08

Reaction score
Hello :flower: I'm looking for advice for weaning my (soon to be) one year old...She's almost 11 months and I'm wondering how to start the weaning processes. She nurses in the morning/evening/night and has bottles with breast milk during the day. I've always planned to only breastfeed for the first year but now how do I wean her off? In the evenings right when we get home (and we've been apart all day) she's ready to nurse and still wakes up for night feedings sometimes...

Any advice is appreciated!

My daughter used to wake for feedings, they don't need the food in the middle of the night. I gave her water in her sippy cup and she stopped waking for it because her body thought I'm waking for this. :dohh:
Try doing cups of water or diluted juice with the meals, by her age I was doing milk feeds just before her two naps and before bed time, so only 3 a day.

I'm letting my DD wean when she decides she wants to. There's no need to wean them and breastmilk will continue to be incredibly beneficial to babies/toddlers for a few years.

I'm letting my DD wean when she decides she wants to. There's no need to wean them and breastmilk will continue to be incredibly beneficial to babies/toddlers for a few years.

I don't agree that you can just say there us no need to wean a baby, you don't know the family circumstances or how mum is feeling?

OP I agree at her age there is no need to have milk through the night it is just habit/comfort. Try water in a cup if baby is thirsty.

I've started replaced bottles through the day gradually with snacks, you could make a game of it or a reward?

Wow people are fast to assume the worst on here.

I meant that a lot of people seem to think babies MUST be weaned at 12 months. Like it's some sort of rule of development.

I wasn't telling someone else what they do or don't need to do. (Although people do need to chill out a bit on here)

Mostly, I just feel like it's time...she's already starting to lose interest somewhat...She doesn't nurse as much or as long (and doesn't nurse at all during the week while I'm at work), but there are still those certain times of the day where she wants to (after we get home from work and at night). I'm also getting tired of having to pump at work. It's just harder this time around than with my oldest because she's still waking up so often at night...With my oldest, I let her CIO one night and she has slept through ever since...this time, it's no so easy :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->