weaning step by step

kafs78

Reaction score
im starting to think about weaning.....and im going to start with breakfast.

Does this plan below sound right......

I will give Lexi her milk as normal then 1 spoonfull of porridge.
How long do i do this for, before starting on Lunch? and then how long do i go before starting on dinner?

Do i have her eating B, L and D (1 spoonful) and then increase the amoount, or do i work on Breakfast itself and get her eating more than a spoonfull before i then add Lunch etc...

My first daughter is 6yrs old, and thsi time round i cannot remember what i did last time.

HELLLLLLLLLP x

this was my plan of action:

milk
nap
porridge
i did this for a month or so. i just made some and then when she seemed to be getting bored stopped givin it to her. i was told it best to start dinner next, so then it went:
milk -7
nap - 8:30
porridge 9
milk - 11
milk - 3
dinner - 5
milk - 6:30
bed

i was planning on doing this until katie was 6 months but she dropped her 11am bottle at 51/2 months so i gave her lunch then. now our routine is:
milk - 8
porridge - 9
juice
lunch - 1pm
milk - 2:30
dinner - 5-5:30
milk - 6:30-7
bed :)
somedays she needs a snack at some point but not everyday.
i think you are supposed to introduce each meal when they seem to need it, when their milk isnt satisfying them anymore.

by no means am i an expert hunni so do what you feel is right for you and you lo. if u need anymore info tho then feel free to ask :) xx

My HV has told me to start weaning, and said I should start with a few spoons of baby rice between 11-3.

I wait 30 mins after har lunch time bottle, which is usually around 12.30-1

riiiight i see.

So i should give milk, then wait an hr or so then give a spoonful of rice/cereal ....
thanks ladies

How do you know when to move on from just a couple of spoonfuls? Do they just spit it out when they have had enough?

We started weaning Fran a week ago and have just kept feeding her until she stopped opening her mouth, turned her head away or spat it out again. She has always had quite a few spoonfuls and has increased by a tiny amount most days.

I started her on baby rice or porridge then a couple of days ago introduced some home made apple puree with it which she really likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->