Weaning & Summer

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Where I live, summer is extremely humid.. and it's quite hot.. it's uncomfortable- even with the air conditioning I'd say- some rooms in the house are hot, some are cooler, etc.

Elyse has been sleeping more and eating less. Should I cut out all of her solids, because she's taking 1-2 less bottles in a day this week, or is cutting out their 'solids' while they're weaning bad? It's obviously not a hugely significant amount of food- but just don't know if it will upset her routine or something? I didn't give her any today because I wanted to make sure she'd take her bottles... just if this heat keeps up I'm not sure what to do..

My book says that up to 6 months, babies need 21-28 oz milk. After that it can drop with the introduction of solids. I'd keep offering solids, but its normal to lose appetite when its hot. I think that as long as she's drinking plenty of milk, she'll be fine.

surely its more water she needs, not more milk? i could be wrong but i would just make sure to have a beaker of cooled boiled water on hand all day and give her a few sips every now and then :)

x

surely its more water she needs, not more milk? i could be wrong but i would just make sure to have a beaker of cooled boiled water on hand all day and give her a few sips every now and then :)

x

I meant regarding to nutrition btw... always have water when needed!

No no that's what I'm talking about too, in terms of nutrition. I know bottles are more important and her max is 28oz a day on a VERY good day.. but IDK if I should cut out solids? I have taken one "meal" out- she was on 2/day... :shrug: she's 5 months so still needs the stuff she gets from the bottle, and still needs to be putting on weight.

maybe give her less of the solids? Not sure how much you have her on right now but 2 bottles a day seems pretty low to me. At that age Hannah had her one meal a day and still had 4-5 bottles and around 24 ounces of formula per day (and she was always on the low end of formula intake)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->