Weaning?

kateyspires

2 boys & Expecting twins
Reaction score
hi everyone,

my twins were born at 29 weeks. My water broke at 20 weeks with my son....they are now 20 weeks old. ive been told to start weaning them. I have given them baby rice and fruit purees here and their over the last week but nothing constitant as their day time routines are so all over the place and not together! anyway....has anyone got any advise on how they managed to wean premature twins (and still get out the house lol)...:wacko:

Can i ask why you have been told to start weaning? If your finding it hard work it could be that they are not ready yet

We started really slowly at about the same time. All we did was, at the time Abby was showing signs of being about ready for it, gave a wee bit of baby rice after a feed then moved to purees. For going out and about, we used the Ella's kitchen puree pouches. We were happy enough she was getting the proper nutrition she needed fro BFing so less concerned about the lack of good stuff in pre packed purees. Sorry, no advice for twins except that a friend of mine who had twins is adamant that having them in a routine was absolutely vital for her. Maybe see if you can get them a bit more into a routine that helps you!

I would agree with implementing a routine too. I don't have twins but I do have two toddling girls and although I don't have a strict routine, I tend to stick to the same processes at mealtimes!

they are in a great routine. but as one sleeps through and one dont they dont always have the same feeding times as my dd wakes at a different time. this is what i ment. i was told to wean them because premature babies benefit from weaning early for many reasons and my twins suffer from bad relux!! they take the food fine i would not have started if i didnt tthink they was ready i have 2 other children these are not my first. thanks for ur replys but i was asking for ppl with very prem twins that are already weaned and what their daily time table looks like

Sorry you feel our advice is useless because we don't have twins, we're simply sharing our experiences of weaning. We're a friendly bunch here and like to help where we can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->