weaning

foxyroxie

Reaction score
now Rileys 4 months i want to start weaning Riley proply hes had a taste of pureed strawberrys and apple and some other fruit! and hes had rusk misxed with formula (still fed on a spoon) a baby berry yoghurt lol and tried him with choc pudding he hated that lol (was the heinz one for babys dont worry lol) im going to do him some carrot and brocoli today what sort of thing do you give your lil ones

I started around 6 months & only started basic ... something fruit puree in the afternoon then went on to a little brekkie and fruit until I felt she was ready for a little brekkie, fruit in afternoon & a meal in the evening now shes on all 3 and will have finger foods that mainly get everywhere but shes learning to hold thinsg etc which is good (toast after her brekkie, organic sticks between lunch & dinner, a cow & cate biccie).

I started last week (at 5.5 months). Would have left it to 6 but Ryan has reflux so started earlier.
Baby rice - mixed with formula
Root veg and some other veg - pureed or mashed with baby rice and formula
Lentils next
Fruits in a couple of weeks and then meat
Each item individually so we can identify the culprit in case of allergy!
All home cooked.
My HV suggested starting with veg first instead of fruit so he doesn't develop a sweet tooth and then reject anything not sweet - not sure how true it is, but following it anyway.

Munchkin.. it's true about the veggies!! If I could go back it's the one thing I would do different.. I would give him veggies first! It took me a couple of weeks after I started veggies to get him to like them. And even now he dont really love half of them!

Munchkin.. it's true about the veggies!! If I could go back it's the one thing I would do different.. I would give him veggies first! It took me a couple of weeks after I started veggies to get him to like them. And even now he dont really love half of them!

Oh I'm so glad she told me that then. Although he eats anything I put in front of him - a bit like mummy and daddy!

I tried Josh on some veggies, he likes it much better than the fruits ! My son is weird I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->