Weaning

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
im just wondering when you all started or plan on starting to wean, just trying to decide what is best to do?

Also with regards to juice drinks for babies, they say from 4 months, but do you only start those when they are being weaned or before. me thinks i need to buy a book on all this

well we started around 6 months in the end, only just on two meals per day bless her. i would just follow your LO and see how you go :)

with juice - i just offer it with maddi's lunch, she doesn't drink much as she hasn't cut down on her bottles :)

we have the annabel karmel books which are great, as is her website https://www.annabelkarmel.com/

I started Fin about 2 weeks ago. Mummy just knew he was ready. I started him on banana baby cereal (he hated baby rice). He has 'first tastes' at lunchtime i.e. sweet potato, plum, banana. xxxx

Jasmine has been having rice cereal for just over 2 weeks and has started on other things too... so far shes had applesauce and sweet potatoes.

Lola has just been having some baby cereal once a day since a few days back.

So far I'm sticking with just that and then introducing another meal,maybe some baby porridge or so...

Please buy a book, read it, and tell us all what to do. :rofl: None of us know what to do! I have been feeding Helena baby rice for a few days now, maybe 5 times now and I just gave her some carrots tonight instead.

Oh and she is 4 months old.

We gave Hannah cereal once a day at 3.5 months. Recently I weaned her fully onto three meals a day plus her milk. I didn't give juice until very recently and only once or twice a week as I prefer she drink her milk :D

Just wanted to add, even though I give 2 meals a day... they are very small. She gets 2 teaspoons in the morning of cereal and then 2 teaspoons in the evening, plus 2 teaspoos of a veggie seperately.

I split her meal up because she really enjoys being spoon fed and it gives us another activity to do together. She smiles and laughs the whole time.

Just wanted to add, even though I give 2 meals a day... they are very small. She gets 2 teaspoons in the morning of cereal and then 2 teaspoons in the evening, plus 2 teaspoos of a veggie seperately.

I split her meal up because she really enjoys being spoon fed and it gives us another activity to do together. She smiles and laughs the whole time.

I think thats what I might do. Helena loves the spoon too.

We started tentatively around 4.5 months but didn't really get going til just before 6 months I think.

We gave sips of water before 6 months but I've only given very watered down pure juice since he's turned 6 months.

i've started early, as alio said, mummy just knew it was the right time. we've only had baby rice so far, but she loves it and loves the spoon! we started last week at 11 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->