Wearing engagement ring after wedding?

A

Amy92x

My husband and I got married earlier this year and since then I have just worn my wedding ring and put my engagement ring away. I never really questioned my decision until I spoke to two people last week who both said that they still wear theirs before their wedding ring.

What are your opinions on this? I just don't know...

I've always worn mine, engagement and wedding ring together since the beginning. I wear my wedding ring on top of the engagement ring, it's supposed to be the other way round but it feels weird for some reason! Depends whatever you're happy and comfortable with doing xx

Yeah, when I looked into it online I read that. It seems strange that you are meant to put your engagement ring on after your wedding ring.

Yeah, when I looked into it online I read that. It seems strange that you are meant to put your engagement ring on after your wedding ring.

FOr the ceremony you are not supposed to be wearing any other rings then your wedding ring. It is considered bad luck to remove the wedding ring so you put the engagement ring back on after the wedding ring

I've always seen the engagement ring and wedding band worn together.

However, I actually had a separate white gold engagement ring with two peridot stones (we are both August birthdays) on it, and it does NOT go with my actual wedding band, which is faceted tungsten. I just wear my wedding band, and will occasionally switch it out for my old engagement ring for special occasions -- or I will wear the engagement ring on my right hand, also for special occasions. With the somewhat delicate peridot stones I don't want to wear it too much.

My sister's engagement ring has one sapphire stone for the center, and some decorative gaps around the perimeter that will be filled in with smaller sapphires when she's actually married.

People do their own things. :)

I wear both, mainly because they fit together and are made to be worn together! :) My mom only wears her wedding ring.

I wear both engagement after wedding as it looks better as is more comfortable.

I wear both, my wedding ring is shaped round my engagement ring :)

I wear both, wedding ring with engagement ring on top. Both are white gold, my engagement ring is one diamonds and my wedding ring has 20 diamonds circling the band so they go together well

When me and oh get married i wll be wearing both

I wear both, engagement ring under my wedding ring because it's a little too big for me and the wedding band keeps it on :lol:.

I wear both and so do all my friends. Never occurred to me not too. Besides my engagement ring is beautiful and my wedding ring quite plain so I like the sparkle :)

I think years ago, women didn't necessarily wear their engagement ring and put it away. My mum didn't and neither did my aunts. Not sure of the reason why though..

I only wear my wedding ring now but in all honesty that's cos eleven years ago my fingers were a LOT slimmer and now it doesn't fit. in fact I don't think I can get my wedding ring off :blush:

I wear both, my wedding ring was fitted around engagement ring

I wear my engagement ring on the same hand as my wedding ring but on a different finger! I like to be different.

I'd do whatever you're comfortable with. Most people wear both.

You're supposed to remove your engagement ring for the ceremony as the wedding band goes onto your finger first and engagement ring goes on top afterwards. I wore my engagement ring on my right hand for the ceremony and when we were signing the register I slipped my engagement ring back on the left on top of my wedding band.

Thanks for your insights!

I physically couldn't get my engagement ring on if I wanted to at the moment as my fingers have swollen and my wedding ring JUST goes on as it is slightly wider. Once the baby is here I might start wearing it.

I wear both, but only wore wedding ring when I was pregnant as engagement ring was a little tight :blush:

I wear both. They say your engagement ring should be on top.

I'd feel odd without them both on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->