Wearing engagement ring after wedding?

I wear both. My engagement ring is pretty and sparkly and expensive and I love it. It was the ring OH chose for me so I think it's more special. My wedding ring is the same band design as my engagement ring so they go together. My wedding ring is also quite thin so I think it would look odd by itself.

I just wear my wedding ring, I got my engagment ring a long long time ago and it's a bit blingy for me now, it also broke so I decided just to put it away!

I have never been one to follow convention really, I would just do whatever you feel you want to do, don't worry about what is the done thing :)

Im not married (or engaged for that matter) but I would continue to wear both if the situation were ever to arise

I wear both. I don't see the point in spending all that money on a sparkly ring if I don't get to wear it!

I guess it just depends on what you feel comfortable with.

Now this thread just makes me want to look at engagement rings. Is there a thread on here so I can just admire them?

I wear both... they are beautiful and i would hate for either to be sitting in a box

I wear both. My husband paid a fortune and went to a lot of trouble to get my engagement ring. I don't want to blow that off. So instead I got a wedding band that compliments my engagement ring.

I wear both as well, engagement ring on top of wedding ring. My wedding ring is shaped to sit properly around the diamond on my engagement ring, as it's bezel set. I don't know anyone who has put their engagement ring away and only wears their wedding band.

mine are saudered together:) wedding ring on bottom engagement on top...tho my engagement ring is thick banded and my wedding is thin:)

Everyone I know wears both, and many people have sets.

I don't know what I would do with my promise ring if we ever get engaged and married. I'd want to wear it, it is a .25 karat solitaire diamond on white gold ring though, so it would look silly.. guess I would save it for my daughter.

i wear both engagement ring on top of wedding band but i know my mil doesnt wear hers all the time only on special occasions

I've never heard of putting the engagement ring away either!

I wear both of them all the time, even to work where I'm not supposed to wear my engagement ring but do anyway, cause I miss it if it's gone.

Also because the engagement ring was very expensive I worry about it constantly if it's not in my peripheral vision at all times!
Also hubs, went to such an effort to get me the "right" ring and spent the day with my Mum shopping all over the south, and saving hard for it, it kinda means more than the wedding ring.

With the wedding ring, my band is pretty plain but has three diamonds in it, but we went together to get our rings and kinda paid for them together, the engagement ring was just from him to me and means loads to me.

My wedding rings are a set. Engagement ring on top, wedding band on bottom.

https://zales.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pZALE1-8774551t400.jpg

I wore both but when LO was born I removed the engagement ring as it has quite a big diamond on it and was scared of catch in her with it as I've caught myself a few times. Now I'm used to wearing just wedding ring.

We don't wear rings at all. *shrug*

We had some cheapies that we used for the exchange during the wedding ceremony, but mine didn't fit against my engagement ring (a beautiful marquise cut sapphire) correctly and bugged me. His ended up being too bulky and he couldn't get used to it.

I was wearing just my engagement ring until I got pregnant and my fingers swelled to the point of it not fitting anymore.

For our next anniversary, I'm going to suggest we get matching One Ring (lord of the rings) bands because I'm a geek.

I don't wear either. They got on my nerves too much, I couldn't get used to them! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->