Wearing engagement ring after wedding?

I have my wedding ring on first, then my eternity then my engagement. I have never heard of not wearing an engagement anymore because you are married tbh, I know lots of people don't wear them, I always take my eternity and engagement rings off in the house for example so often go out and forget to put them back on

My wedding ring and engagement ring were custom made to be worn together.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1470361_10151740760446455_1158042329_n.jpg

I wear both most days just because I love my engagement ring, my wedding ring stays on all the time but I do take my engagement ring off at night so I wear it after the wedding ring and don't tend to wear it if I am just staying in the house that day.

(Plus my engagement ring was worth a lot more and is prettier so I would be sad to just have it put away! But like you it doesn't fit me very well at the moment with being pregnant as it is a size smaller than my wedding ring so I'm not wearing it as much these last few weeks in fear of not being able to take it off!)

Hoping to get an eternity ring next year for DH's and mine 10th anniversary/5th wedding anniversary, but I don't have a plain wedding ring it has diamonds in it so not sure if it'll look silly?

Its very interesting to read how many people wear both! I had actually never heard of wearing both unless they were made to match before this thread & nobody I actually know IRL does either. I will not be wearing both when I'm married as I just always pictured myself wearing just my wedding ring. My engagement ring is also very bulky so would find it hard to find something to match it anyway. xx

When we marry I'll wear both. I love my engagement ring so I could never not wear it :haha:

I wear both, always have done. The only time I've had to take them off was when I was in labour.

I wear both too, my wedding ring is slightly big and my engagement ring keeps it on

I wear both too, I love my engagement ring and actually prefer it to my wedding ring, so I definitely wear both together

I've never heard of not wearing it? It's usually the prettier of the two. The wedding band is supposed to be closer to the heart so on first.

I wear both. I wear mine wedding ring first then engagement ring after. Your wedding ring is supposed to be first as apparently the ring finger on your left hand has the closest connection to your heart. So wedding ring closest to your heart if that makes sense. Xx

I wear both, they are slightly different sizes, my engagement ring is tight and keeps my wedding ring safe :rofl: I do love my engagement ring, it was the cheaper of the two but i love black diamonds (its both white and black diamonds) so id wear it engagement or not

I wear both, I'd never heard of taking your engagement ring off once you get married?
I used to wear my wedding ring then my engagement ring but my engagement ring fell off my finger last year and I was so upset. My wedding ring is tighter than my engagement ring and now holds it on.

I wear my wedding ring all the time and put my engagement ring on when i leave the house etc. So wedding ring is first then engagement. Didn't know about it being closer to the heart, that's sweet :)

I've never thought to not wear my engagement ring. My wedding ring is a plain white gold band so I like the sparkle of my engagement ring. I chose it as something I would wear always so it's not too big for every day stuff.

I wear my engagement ring first, then my wedding ring over the top. I know it's more usual to have it the other way round but my way makes more sense to me - the engagement ring is the first step of your promise then the marriage and wedding ring go over the top of that initial promise and 'seal' it in place :)

One thing I was careful to remember to do was to take my wedding ring off for a minute in the evening of our wedding day. I knew if I didn't, I would get it stuck in my head that it'd be bad luck to ever take it off... and there is no way I was going to leave it on forever and ever! When I was pregnant my rings were a bit uncomfortable so I put them on a chain round my neck.

I wear both. My engagement ring is an unusual shape so we had my wedding ring designed around it.

How weird that as soon as I clicked on this thread there's an advert at the top advertising engagement rings!

I can't imagine only wearing my wedding band, my engagement ring was much more expensive than my wedding ring so I'm not going to leave it waste in a draw. Lol. So I wear both.

I take them both off in pregnancy though, my first I bought a super cheap wedding ring to replace, but I had to cut if off after I gave birth. The twins I had surgery was it was off, this time my hands started swelling at night, and I'm NOT going to cut platinum.

I guess if my wedding ring was nicer I'd just wear it but it's just a plain band which would be a bit boring without the diamond engagement ring lol

I used to wear both. Now I wear none because I've lost weight and they're too big.

I can't imagine only wearing my wedding band, my engagement ring was much more expensive than my wedding ring so I'm not going to leave it waste in a draw. Lol. So I wear both.

Haha yes i agree with this also!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->