Wearing white to a wedding..

Char&Bump-x

Me and her
Reaction score
Would you?

Someone on my facebook has just had a bit of a rant because she's been asked not to wear white to a wedding and lots of women have written on it saying they think that's stupid and the bride is being a diva about it etc. I thought it was an unwritten rule of weddings?!

Wearing white is a big no-no unless the bride has asked guests not to wear another colour. Wearing black isn't as bad, but also best avoided IMHO.

Speaking as someone who had a guest come to their wedding in a full length white with gold embroidery dress it wasn't something that particularly bothered me at the time - honestly didn't see any guests when I was walking down the aisle!
But it did bother my bm who said who awful that she had!
However if I'd been told before hand I would have politely asked they had chosen a different dress!

Personally I avoid white, black and if I know the colour theme that too! Its just polite and its not as if we're tight for colour choice these days!

It's an unwritten rule in my opinion. I had a guest come in a white maxi dress with black bits on it. Obviously it wasn't a patch on my dress (as is the case with any bride), I just thought it was a bit disrespectful.

my brother sent me a picture of his girlfriend in a white dress that she wanted to wear for my wedding I said she looked lovely but you arent meant to wear white for a wedding so she showed up in a black suit lol

Oh no! That's a big NoNo! You just wouldn't. Brides not being a diva it's her wedding the one day when every eye is on her and she should get that moment with the white dress. Tbh if I was the bride and seen/heard about your friends rant on fb I'd probably uninvited her, if she doesn't respect the bride enough to go along with a very reasonable request and not bitch about it to the whole of fb then she obviously isn't worth the cost of a meal and drink the bride is paying for. (Sorry May seem harsh, can you tell I'm currently planning my wedding:haha:)

I dunno, I think a long, plain white dress is a nono (basically anything that looks typically bridal). Something like a short white dress or suit - I don't really see the issue? I probably wouldn't chance it myself though.

I wouldn't have minded someone wearing white to my wedding but there's no way I'd wear it to anyone elses. And bitching about it on FB is just tacky!

I wouldn't have minded someone wearing white to my wedding but there's no way I'd wear it to anyone elses. And bitching about it on FB is just tacky!

Yeah, true. That is reason to be uninvited IMO, I'd be mortified if someone was bitching about me on facebook like that.

Wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest if someone had worn white to my wedding. It's not like your guests won't know it's your day. I wouldn't wear anything resembling a wedding dress to a wedding myself as I'd feel a bit silly and wouldn't want to cause hurt but a nice white day dress, yeah, why not?

It wouldn't have bothered me at my wedding but I wouldn't do it at someone else's wedding.

Unless its very patterned, its an absolute no-no and I would assume most women wouldn't even dream of wearing white to somebody else's wedding. The bride can be a diva - its her wedding!

I think as long as the dress isnt 'wedding dress-y' then its fine. I would rather someone come to my wedding in a white dress/outfit than in a dress that looks like a wedding dress but a different colour.

It wouldn't bother me if someone wore white to mine but I personally wouldn't wear white to somebody elses wedding just in case it did offend them.

No no no! Wearing white or cream is the ultimate faux pas at a wedding. Apart from bitching on Facebook about not being allowed to wear white at a wedding...

I would never wear white to a wedding personally x

Never wear white to a wedding! Well not a dress anyway...

It's not diva at all. why would you wear a white dress to a wedding when they is a million other colours?

It's not diva at all. why would you wear a white dress to a wedding when they is a million other colours?

That was my comment to the girl in question, there are SO many other colours why would you even want to wear the same colour as the bride?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->