Wearing white to a wedding..

Big no no and just plain rude imo.

Just wouldn't do it IMO it's rude

Someone wore white to mine, didnt bother me but it was an informal day any way. I wouldnt wear white though as I wouldnt want to offend any one.

I hope someone tells the Bride to be that said person has been bitching about her an then she can solve the dress issue by uninviting her.

A girl turned up in a white dress to my friend's wedding. Everyone was talking behind her back saying how inappropriate it was. I thought everyone knew you don't wear white to a wedding. (Except your own!)

I just assumed it was an unwritten rule as well. I wouldn't wear white to someone else's wedding. I even feel a bit awkward wearing a dress with white in it, even if it isn't the main colour.

It wouldn't have ruined my wedding day if someone had worn white (on the actual day little things like that don't matter anymore) but if I had been told before they were wearing white I would be a bit miffed.

Wearing white to a wedding is rude imo....a big wedding no no!

I didn't even wear white for my wedding (which was mostly a quicky justice of the peace ceremony).

On the other hand, it does seem a bit rude, and if I had had an actual nice traditional wedding, I'd probably be confused and a little upset if someone else had shown up in white.

Wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest if someone had worn white to my wedding. It's not like your guests won't know it's your day. I wouldn't wear anything resembling a wedding dress to a wedding myself as I'd feel a bit silly and wouldn't want to cause hurt but a nice white day dress, yeah, why not?

This completely. I don't get the "it's an unwritten rule, rude, disrespectful" thing at all. There are bigger things in life, and weddings, to be bothered about.

I def think its rude. The white dress is for the bride; it keeps all eyes on her on her special day. She shouldn't be having to share her moment with someone who wants to wear white along with her, lol. There are loads of other colors to wear to a wedding, so I just can't imagine why someone would have to feel so strongly that they HAVE to wear a white dress too. Just rude.

To be honest it wouldn't bother me at all. I guess everyone is different and I probably wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want to offend. But I can't really get into a mindset where I would be bothered if someone else wore white. My wedding dress cost £1,000 and I don't think a single other white dress on the high street could compare to it! I felt like a princess and I couldn't have cared if someone else had worn white, my dress would have blown it out of the water (in my opinion!). x

I wouldnt wear white i see it as big no no.
Glad no one wore white to mine i would have been annoyed.

Oh no! That's a big NoNo! You just wouldn't. Brides not being a diva it's her wedding the one day when every eye is on her and she should get that moment with the white dress. Tbh if I was the bride and seen/heard about your friends rant on fb I'd probably uninvited her, if she doesn't respect the bride enough to go along with a very reasonable request and not bitch about it to the whole of fb then she obviously isn't worth the cost of a meal and drink the bride is paying for. (Sorry May seem harsh, can you tell I'm currently planning my wedding:haha:)

Couldn't agree more with this! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->