Wedding planning priorities

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
I have 16 months to plan the wedding and I was wondering if some of you ladies that have almost done or are well on your way could put things into priorities from what you'd do first to things to leave nearer the time.

We are currently looking for a venue big enough and we are wanting the date to be 5th July 2014. And I have also been browsing wedding dresses.

I have been planning this wedding in my head for ages as I've been waiting months for him to propose haha, but now it's come to actually doing it I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and don't know where to start haha x

Venue and reception venue are the big ones. Once they are sorted photographer, dress, rings, cake,cars can be done in any order

We did church, suits, favours, reception, photographer, cake, rings, cars, BM dress, DJ, centrepieces... I've totally forgotten lol! But yeah, we did the big stuff first, then moved onto little things, you don't really have to leave anything to later on if you don't want to - but obviously you can't sent your invites out just yet haha :) We have most things done now, I'm going dress shopping at the end of the month and I'm pretty sure that's my last big thing to do. Xx

The first thing I did was send invites but that's because it how we told people we were getting married, I would say venue then everyone's clothes rings photographer then all the other bits you want x

I started with my dress :lol: Then venues, photographer, booking the registrar, suits, bridesmaids dresses...so yes, all the big things first. But as we (I) are doing most of the 'little things' ourselves I've been doing those as we go too. So I started designing the invites last year and the centrepieces etc :thumbup:
A lot of it will just happen 'naturally'. Grab a 'to do' list off the web and work from that

Semi-rough guest list so you have a realistic idea of how many people, then venues, know what you're doing with registry office etc, so you can have the time you want.
Sooner you book photographer etc the more likely you are to get the one you want. But can be done whenever.

16 months is ages! Just remember to breathe :)

I started with my dress, first thing I did when we were engaged was make an appointment at a bridal store to see what suited me, then I fell in love with the first one I saw :haha: So I sorted my dress, venue, reception venue, bridesmaids dresses (which probably need to be resorted :dohh:) photographer, cake, invitations and some venue decorations and I'm still yet to sort accessories, flowers, DJ and some more decorations.

Thanks ladies. Just trying to sort the venue now but just spoke to my sister who says her friend is a wedding planner and a few hotels owe her a favour so she's going to try and get me a good deal.

Oh and I'm also going to be making the invites and centerpieces so once we've got the venue sorted I can start doing the invites as it'll probably take me a while to get them all sorted. Xx

I'd definitely say try and keep going with the little bits as you go because if you leave them like I've done then they might cause you some stress :hugs:

Really hope you can get a good deal on the venue :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"