Wedding stress!

katherinegrey

Reaction score
The venue just called, and apparently they're having RENOVATIONS around the time of my wedding. I have to go have a meeting on Friday to discuss how this will affect my day :cry: What if there is scaffolding everywhere and we can't have pictures?! What if there are builders everywhere and drills going off through the speeches?! It's too short notice to change venues now!

Then some people haven't RSVP'd, including my aunt and uncle, I really feel it's not my job to chase these people up. I've been kind enough to invite them when I never see them even, and they can't even contact me to say yes or no?!

Then a couple of friends of my DF have been bitching about me as they're not invited to the wedding at all, we're already up to 90 people which is the rooms absolute capacity, they didn't even send a card when our son was born! And to cap it off one of them is actually an EX of my DF! I don't mind them being friends as they rarely speak so I genuinely don't mind having them on good terms, but to actually have her at my wedding, especially when she's totally stuck up and always rude to me?! No freaking way.

Then my MIL to be is inviting practically everyone she's ever met to our wedding, I love my MIL to be and she's being very generous and helping a lot with the wedding, but to have all her friends there when I can only have 2 of mine I feel is a little bad.

We have less than 6 weeks to go. And I'm ready to cry. :cry:

Ohh hopefully the renovations won't affect you too much, but surely they should have told you at the time of booking! I mean they don't just suddenly decide to renovate do they! I think you should get your OH to speak to your MIL because if you can't really have your friends there but she can have loads then that isn't really fair at all. Poor you, sending some hugs xxx

My MIL just rang the venue and it turns out the room we've viewed, fell in love with and booked, they're turning into OFFICES! So they've offered us another room and 'maybe we can view it Friday, maybe not depending on how far the workers have gotten'. How unfair is this?! :cry:

Im sure this must go against something on your contract? Surely they cant do that?
I would definately kick up a fuss about this!

I'm just so upset at the moment, DF is very mad though, I'm trying to stay positive and maybe the room they offer us will be just as nice, but I doubt it :(.

Then to cap it all off today, DF has lovely longish hair that he's just shaved off, and it looks AWFUL, there's no way it'll regrow to anything decent in 5 and half weeks, maybe at any other time I wouldn't be so upset about him just cutting his hair, but on top of everything else, now he's going to look like a thug in our pictures :cry:

That's very very unprofessional of them and I'm pretty sure they can't just do that to you! Kick up a massive fuss, I would be! *******s!
You might get used to OH's hair in that time and maybe won't think he looks thuggish, but it will probably grow to a stylable length in that time, I know my OH's grows really quick in summer (really odd I know lol)
Hopefully today will be a better day for you xx

Chris' hair grows really quick in summer too :hugs: Though I know if he did this I would probably be reacting the same as you.

It shouldn't be a case of maybe you can view the room, they should be bending over backwards to help you. I hope things get sorted :hugs:

Thank you, I really hope we can get something sorted, and I really hope DF's hair grows back! The issue is as DF's dad is a member of the golf club, they haven't asked for a deposit, so we haven't paid them yet, so I think contractually they can do what they please as no money has actually exchanged hands yet. It's such a nightmare, if we could get as good a deal elsewhere I'd be looking elsewhere, but the decent venues have booked up months ago, and even though it's a Friday wedding, a Friday in July is main wedding season.

Would it still be worth a look just to be on the safe side? Though hopefully it doesn't come to you having to find somewhere else :hugs:

I'll wait until Friday and then see what they say, if the room is no good then we'll have no choice but to go elsewhere :(

Ohh Hun I hope you don't have to aswell. But if you do, you may get it cheap with it being short notice xx

Well, they promise the work will be complete by the time of our wedding, so we've stuck with our original venue, but I'm still panicking it won't be done in time, thank you for asking :flower:

Ahh sounds really stressful, i dont blame you for still feeling panicked!
Hopefully it will all be okay though! Did they say what they would do IF its not finished in time?
x

No, they just promise it will be done, if not though they'll have to offer us something, they can't leave us stuck surely??

Have you got wedding insurance hun? I'd get some just in case.. the venue should have let you know about these renovations when you booked :hugs:

They can't leave you stuck no! My venue is still being built ( an extension on an existing property/ grounds) and its been delayed but we've been told if they aren't finished then they will pay for a marquee and everything that goes with it. Xx

I have no answers but i feel for you! :( *big hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->