Weddings.

RoyalPython

Reaction score
Just a little Q about weddings, me and OH hoping to get married next year or yr after, how much do small weddings cost? we have no idea and dont know how to get about finding outt !!!

Any imput girlies? :winkwink:

Were getting married on 26th June, and have done it all for around 2k. Ceremony at a hotel followed by a three course meal for 26 people. xx

Were getting married on 26th June, and have done it all for around 2k. Ceremony at a hotel followed by a three course meal for 26 people. xx

Wow thats really good, I was expecting something like at least 5 k!! I really want an outside ceremony, but hey english weather is unreliable :cry:

I'm very happy with what it cost, it's all very simple, but very us. :) xxx

You can spend as little or as much as you like on a wedding - its amazing what you can find cheaply :hugs: Not everything has to be a huge expense, it just depends where your priorities lie (fab dress vs fab food, whether you want a video etc) Good luck! x

You can spend as much or as little as you want. Wedding dresses in Monsoon can be around £150. I've heard people who have had receptions where everyone brings some food instead of a present. So all can be done cheaply.

Our wedding is in one month and we are doing it with a $2000 budget and it is still going to be classy. How did I do this? (Warning, this will be long - I get so excited over the challenge of doing great things on a budget)

-Got my dress off the sale rack for $125 and it is a beautiful white strapless gown with a chapel train and beading on the bodice. It was probably a 2009 style but fashion in the wedding industry changes very slowly.

- We are having a dinner reception for 30 of our nearest and dearest friends at a hotel reception room (they often have smaller rooms for conferences that work great for tiny weddings). Even at $35 per person you save a lot by not going overboard on the guest list. For some people it is important for them to invite business clients of their parents, however our priorities are very much different! Since we are not having any dancing, we are saving a ton (we don't dance anyway).

-Our music for the ceremony will be a violin soloist that is charging us $140. I can still have beautiful classical music without the huge price tag!

-Flowers: I am buying them in bulk from the florist and I am arranging them myself. Since I am not paying for their labor to make arrangements, I am saving a ton of money. I also chose common flowers that are in season and always in stock - these are always a great buy! There are a lot of resources on the internet that show you how to make bouquets, centerpieces, and boutonnières. We are getting married outside at the park so we only really needed flowers for the reception.

-Cake: I got off easy with this one.... my dear sister is a wonderful cake decorator! However she was not in to this hobby when she got married six years ago and she managed to get her wedding cake for $60. It was a plain three layered buttercream cake that she decorated with fresh daises and it was gorgeous!

For everything else (shoes, hair pieces, invitations, thank-you cards, etc) I have been shopping the sale racks. We are also not having any brides maids or grooms men since it is too difficult to pick and choose, so it keeps it simple. DF is wearing his "good suit" with just a new shirt and tie.

My one recommendation is to keep the guest list small if you have a smaller budget. A lot of my friends are being "forced" into big weddings by their parents and they don't even know many of the guests! :winkwink:

I'm getting married later this year and I don't know how much all will cost in the end, but here's what we are doing
Dress: I opted for a non traditional--it's a raisin purple color, ralph lauren, and i got it on super sale from $125 to $50! yep, $50 (his clothes will cost more than mine). i got a wrap to wear over my shoulders for $26. still needs shoes.

Ceremony: we'll have it at a relatives house. they have a nice big yard space and have agreed. we are having a family member perform the ceremony. We may have to rent a tent, which will be our biggest expense for this if we do. Will depend on weather.

Meal: everyone is pitching in to cook a meal for the family (there will be about 50 family members as guests, and it falls on a holiday, so we are making a big holiday/wedding meal). we are getting married out of state so our friends won't be able to make it. (we are having a potluck bbq here in town with our friends for an engagment party later this month, so we do get to celebrate with them). We will have to rent some tables and chairs for our wedding, but that won't be too much.

Flowers: I don't plan to go all out....i like the idea of buying in bulk from them and arrangement myself.

Travel was our most expensive since we are traveling to the destination, and it's a holiday week--but excluding our travel tickets, i think everything else will add up to $1500 or less.

Good luck! Like everyone else said--you can make it as expensive or inexpensive as you want. Also, I made all our invitations...those supplies cost me $20.

i got married last may.

my dress cost £450 but i asked for money for my birthday & i paid for most of the dress that way :winkwink:

we had wedding favours etc and got loadsa cool stuff from ebay. we had little net bags with little crystals on and we put heart shaped smarties in, silver & pink and these cost next to nothing.
we hired suits and they did us a deal. i think it was sumthing like if u hired 4 u get the grooms suit free.
shoes came with the hire!
church was £500 but we didnt pay the £250 so we could video the ceromony.

we didnt have a sit down meal. we had a hog roast & buffet.
MIL offered to pay for flowers.

Cake cost us £200. that was for a 3 tier cake. 1 sponge, 1 choc, 1 fruit.
but if u cud get sum1 to make it for u tht wud be a very good idea!

bridesmaid dresses we got from ebay, we got my 15yr old sister a 2nd hand one, but the 3 little bridesmaids had a new one tht came from china & they was about £19 each.

the ony thing i asked for and i so desperatly wanted was a pink limo to take me to the church and i got it :happydance: thats was a whopping £500 for 3 hours...so so worth it tho x

all in all we spent about £4000. lookin back i think we cud of tried to save money sumwhere along the line.

We got married very spontaneously, just the two of us and the lady at the court house. It cost about $130 ;) Yes, we did plan on having a small wedding reception/party thing with family and friends but since my family and most friends are in Europe and my husband's family and friends are here, we decided against it. Instead, we've been saving up for our future LO :cloud9:

It is depending upon you. I want detail about below questions:

(1) What is the range to purchase wedding garments?
(2) How many persons you invite in your wedding?
(3) Which events you want on wedding day?

Thankyou so much to everyone, made me realise its not that much cash!

Place near us does reception with meal for 1 grand I think, plus dress (I think using MIL's (to be) dress..its from the 80/90's and pink!!!) so that should be free, OH has a gorgeous tux he can wear - free..shoes about 50 odd i would say, MIL(to be) is hairdresser so free... MAYBE getting married abroad so Im thinking thats the only thing that would cost!!

If your family have any hidden talents now's the time to find out! My mum made my cake, my MIL arranged the flowers, my FIL did the photography and I made all the invitations, menus, table plan, table numbers, etc...
Also Ebay is your best friend and so are wedding forums with for sale sections.
Good luck, I had great fun planning mine and trying to see where we could be creative.
Oh and Debenhams is good for wedding dresses and suit hire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->