• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weeeeird bump!!!

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
Last night I was laying on my ved and I went to sit up (sort of in a sit-up type way rather than the typical pregnancy 'roll onto your side and geave yourself up!') And my bump went totally pointy! It does it quite alot when I am getting up but never this much!

Isnt it werid!? (Plus it was soft, not hard like i expected!)

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/oct%2014/20141021_223443_zpsa1db8575.jpg

Your muscles deform your belly when you sit up in that manner. I do it quite often because it freaks my oh out lol.

Oh my word, it's like LO is standing or something:haha:

If I'm leaning back and I laugh my stomach gets close to this shape, it also freaks DH out.

Mine used to do that! My pointy lump was always to the left.

Thought I'd take a pic of my camel hump.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 21
Haha we should all take a pic of our camel humps! :p
MIne does the same thing.. OH hates it!

My bump goes pointy too :)

I'd be careful though because I've heard though that it's due to your abdominal muscles separating (Diastasis recti) which happens to most women in pregnancy. It's recommended that you avoid any sit-up positions or other moves that cause it because they can make the muscle separation worse, which can cause problems recovering your tummy shape after birth....

When I need to get up out of bed now I roll onto my side before sitting up (rather than do a straight sit-up) because it apparently uses a different set of muscles and so doesn't make the problem any worse. I had the same thing with my first pregnancy but the muscles knitted back together again after a couple of months of exercises.

I don't think it's anything to worry about because it's so common but I'd avoid making it happen on purpose if you can resist it!

I just did a sit up to see and this happened! Totally weird!

I'm going to try this when I get home.

lol, I haven't really had this happen to me, but I have seen it in friends. I don't even know how OH would react if it did happen to me. He's already freaked (I think in a way jokingly, but I'm not so sure), thinking about Alien, and what not LMAO.

Omg that is soo weird ladies. I've never seen this before lol. Kinda cool though :).

Yep mine does this unfortunately it's your stomach muscles that have split.

Ergh

Mine does this in the bath. I's like baby is floating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->