Weekly menu plan for a 7 month old?

ChuggaBump

Reaction score
I'm still a bit unsure what to be giving LO. Today, he had:

Breakfast: fruity porridge
Lunch: a piece of wholemeal bread (but not the crusts!) and parsnip+apple (1 ice cube of each)
Dinner: leek, carrot + potato (3 ice cubes) and a petit filous

Just wondered if anyone could give me a typical weekly menu, so I can see what you feed your LO across the whole week, rather than just on one day. I want to make sure he has a varied diet, and not sure of things such as should he be having petit filous every day or not?

Thanks for any help in advance!!

Hi, I'm still getting the hang of this weaning malarky and have only just begun giving him proper food (we like to make our own) but a typical week would go something like this:

Brekkie:1 banana + 1 weetabix/baby porridge/rusk/yoghurt

Lunch: sandwhich-one slice of bread with butter plus a filling of either cheese/marmite/philadelphia + a piece of fruit, maybe a kiwi or some strawberries + marmite rice cakes

Dinner:This week my LO has had- red pepper and tomato risotto, chicken casserole, lentil and quorn curry, quorn chicken and spinach pie with potatoes, spinach and cheese risotto, veggie chilli with brown rice + either a yoghurt, cup of ice cream or a piece of fruit.

He is also still drinking 4x 7oz botles each day

Hope that helps x

ps, my LO generally has 1-2 yoghurts per day and they are either little stars/petite filous/ or just and adult yog we have in fridge

Breakfast: porridge or 7 grains cereals or 1/2 weetabix with formula + 1 fruit (mango/banana/sweet mellon/apple/pear)

Lunch (main meal): he has what we have. I cook everydays, & there r always veggies in my cooking

Dinner: Custard or yoghurt with fruits

He might have 1 rice cake as a snack. This is in addtion to 18-21 oz of formula (3-4 bottles)

U can take a look at this thread, it has lots of ideas for daily menus. We post there everyday our daily menus

https://www.babyandbump.com/weaning-nutrition/361977-tw-did-your-lo-eat-today.html

Breakfast: porridge or 7 grains cereals or 1/2 weetabix with formula + 1 fruit (mango/banana/sweet mellon/apple/pear)

Lunch (main meal): he has what we have. I cook everydays, & there r always veggies in my cooking

Dinner: Custard or yoghurt with fruits

He might have 1 rice cake as a snack. This is in addtion to 18-21 oz of formula (3-4 bottles)

U can take a look at this thread, it has lots of ideas for daily menus. We post there everyday our daily menus

https://www.babyandbump.com/weaning-nutrition/361977-tw-did-your-lo-eat-today.html

Thanks. I had seen this thread and it's really helpful, but what I'm after is a weekly plan... I'm just unsure of things like, can I give my LO cheese every day, or should I be giving it to him only a couple of times a week, and things like that!

Thanks. I had seen this thread and it's really helpful, but what I'm after is a weekly plan... I'm just unsure of things like, can I give my LO cheese every day, or should I be giving it to him only a couple of times a week, and things like that!

I make sure he has 1 serving of cereals, 1-2 fruits, 1 veggies+ meat (chicken, fish or red meat), 1 dairy (cheese or yoghurt), & 1-2 servings of carbs (rice, pasta or bread).

I try to make sure he has sth different everyday, as I dont want him to get bored.

Some ideas:

Breakfast: Cereals/porridge/weetabix with fruits

Lunch: Pasta with tomato sauce & meat balls/ baked fish with rice & veggies/ couscous with veal & veggies/boiled chicken with potato & bread or rice

Dinner: Yoghurt/custard/cheese sandwich with fruits

U can switch breakfast with dinner.

Hope this helps.

I make sure he has 1 serving of cereals, 1-2 fruits, 1 veggies+ meat (chicken, fish or red meat), 1 dairy (cheese or yoghurt), & 1-2 servings of carbs (rice, pasta or bread).

I try to make sure he has sth different everyday, as I dont want him to get bored.

Some ideas:

Breakfast: Cereals/porridge/weetabix with fruits

Lunch: Pasta with tomato sauce & meat balls/ baked fish with rice & veggies/ couscous with veal & veggies/boiled chicken with potato & bread or rice

Dinner: Yoghurt/custard/cheese sandwich with fruits

U can switch breakfast with dinner.

Hope this helps.

thanks, that's really helpful! :hugs:

I bought the Annabel Karmel baby and toddler meal planner which gives you an idea of what you can/should be giving at the different weaning stages, obviously you don't have to follow it by the letter! - it also has some nice recipes that you can use for whole family meals once you're past the early stages.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Annabel-Karmels-Complete-Toddler-Planner/dp/009190031X

My lo is 6.5 months and tends to have cereal/porridge or fruit for brekkie. Lunch and dinner are veggie purees (but will add meat and carbs at 7 months) normally fruit or yoghurt (she loves the little stars) after and odd finger foods, mainly fruit at lunchtime.

I've been wondering this too - I usually give Emma:

Breakfast: porridge/weetabix and a fruit - either banana, pear, apple, peach, or a combination

Lunch and dinner have been pureed veg, although I am now moving on to lentils, meat and pasta. She will usually have one fromage frais a day (the Plum ones as they don't have added sugar).

I am going to a weaning workshop tomorrow so will report back if I get any useful information!

Wow! So am I the only one who's not giving their baby meat or starches yet? Mine just hit 7months but I still have on pureed fruits and veggies onlly - like But no meat or fancy dinners yet. I was planning to start at 8 months. Is this wrong?

To answer the OP - my menu goes like this

Breakfast - rice/oatmeal cereal
Lunch - pureed vegetable (e.g carrots or beans, or sweet potato)
Dinner - pureed fruit - (prunes, or banana or pears )

Wow! So am I the only one who's not giving their baby meat or starches yet? Mine just hit 7months but I still have on pureed fruits and veggies onlly - like But no meat or fancy dinners yet. I was planning to start at 8 months. Is this wrong?

To answer the OP - my menu goes like this

Breakfast - rice/oatmeal cereal
Lunch - pureed vegetable (e.g carrots or beans, or sweet potato)
Dinner - pureed fruit - (prunes, or banana or pears )

U'r doing great. But starting with some lumps is good at this stage, as they need to learn how to chew. They dont need animal protien before 8 mnths anyway, but it's a training thing, to make them get used to new flavors. Mine wasnt keen about purees & hated them all. Once we started introducing real food at 6.5 mnths he started to like food. We started giving him animal protein (meat & yoghurt) at 7 mnths. Omar still doesnt have any teeth, but he chews food with no problems.

Thanks nmwb78! I will try something with a rougher texture and see how that goes.

My HV said that you should be working up to having a serving of protein, dairy and carbs in every meal served...so I try to do:

Breakfast - Banana with porridge or weetabix. Or a piece of toast with butter and marmite or cheese spread, and a yoghurt

Lunch - chunks of cheese (I give him cheese every day), about 100g worth, some finger foods, like bread soldiers with cheese spread, or a ham sandwich, some veggie sticks (baby corn, carrots, mange tout etc) or salad sticks (cucumber, toms, peppers), sometimes fishfingers, and then I will give a small portion of puree (like shepherds pie, fish pie, lamb and sweet potato casserole, chicken and sweetcorn mash) and a dessert like yoghurt, fruit pot, rice pudding

Snacks - anything like fruit pots, rice cakes, piece of bread and butter, cheese

Tea - tends to be smaller - we don't faff with fingers foods often in the eves, but he will have shepherds pie etc (as above)... he doesn't tend to have a pudding as he can't manage a big tea and then his bedtime milk.

He has quite a big breakfast (as long as he has 2 hours between that and his first morning milk) and he has quite a bit for lunch as well.

Hope that helps -

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"