Weight confession..

i know exactly how you feel, im 5'7 and currently weigh 10st 7lbs. I know that may not sound alot but im still a st heavier than i was pre-pregnancy and i start with the best of intentions but at the mo i havent got the motivation!!

dont know if this will make anyone feel better or worse but it took me almost 2yrs to get the weight of after my 1st pregnancy.

hun
i am 5foot 2inch tall and weight about 12stone 12pds and look dreadful. prior to falling pregnant i was about 10.5stone so was overweight then too but looked a lot better than i do now! I am DETERMINED to slim down to 9stone 7pds by next summer as i just feel miserable.

:hug:

hope you feel better soon.

Christine
X

Start off with small walks around your home town/village etc.. You'll soon pick up the spirit. :)

Awwww, you poor thing! Keep your chin up, your body has just done the most AMAZING thing, and so it has taken a wee battering, but you WILL lose the weight, it takes time, but you will, I promise!
Take your baby for some nice long walks before the weather turns too cold, it's amazing what some uphill jaunts with a heavy pram can do for the waist line!

Oh and I may as well confess too! I've put on 3 stone and now weigh 12.7 stone, so I know all about mummy podge, and yep, I am taking my own advice and walking (or rather - marching!) lots :)

Im 5ft 10 and weigh 10st 9lbs and i'm still unhappy about it. I have mummy podge and it gets me down. But just like you said Toria, i suppose i need to get off my backside and do something about it.

:hugs:

Its so odd how weight works... I dont think anyone should go on how much they weigh really... just how they look!!

Im 5ft 9 and if I EVER got to 10lb 9oz I would look absolutely amazing... no joke!! Probably boardering on a little too skinny for my build!!

At just under 13 stone I looked really good a size 12 mini skirt etc.. :cry: Im now 17 stone :cry: Absolutely huge!! Not me at all and I dont feel nice one little bit!!

I cant see myself ever sorting it!! Dont get me wrong Im doing WW and excercising but its not coming off quick enough which then makes me want to just binge :cry:

Also very glad that people are in the same boat as me.... I started a thread and it seemed I only got responses from those who had lost their weight already :cry: made me feel worse!!

I have no idea how much i lost as i was never brave enough to weigh myself when pregnant lol all i know is i am 13stone 2 a week or so ago and that is exactly 3 stone heavier than when i was 9 months pregnant with my eldest daughter :blush:

Well I'd like to lose 3stone min! :dohh: Not going to happen while I'm eating this icecream is it?!

i ended my pregnancy at 12.5 stone/almost 80 kilos and I am now 10.5 stone/about 67 kilos. i swear the nursing helped me get it off!! But im still very flabby and no where near my goal weight of 60-63 kilos which is about 9.5 stone i think. im 5"3 or 5"4 not sure, and have always looked a little chubby..

oh gosh... according to this website https://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm i should be btw 50-65 kilo!! yeah right... ill never get to 55 :(

COME ON LADIES, you can do it. A little bit of determination, and you'll get there, slightly cut your calories and go for lots of walks with your little ones in their prams and the weight will fall off.
Lie on your back on the floor whilst holding your Little one and do sit ups, that will help get rid of the mummy bulge, and your baby will add resistance.

Do squats and lunges whilst holding your LO, just by adding little things like this into your everyday routine, you won't even realise you are exercising and you won't even have to leave your little one.

Oh and if you are really hardcore then buy a work out dvd and do it in your living room whilst your bubba has a nap.

It took me 4 weeks to get the weight off by just doing little things like this, (I didn't want to be in hospital depressed about jaiden being ill and depressed about my weight as well)

A little motivation gets you everywhere, and remember everyone is different and you will get there eventually, it went on slowly so it is safest to get it off slowly.

Goodluck xx

Vicki.. Get your arse to the gym NOW if its bothering you!!!!!!!!! :D:D You looked fine when i saw you, but really.. if its bothering you, do something about it! Go for a jog.. Although i cant imagine you doing that haha :)

Well, I am only 5'2" and now weigh a huge 19 stone, 6 pounds. And that is after losing weight! I am on the Cambridge diet and have had some success. I refuse to buy new clothes and have my old clothes waiting for me.

I've been doing what I can to drop the weight. The OH and I were going for evening walks with the baby and dog to make it more interesting. Or I go into town to do our Christmas shopping in order to get me moving. I cannot return to my kung fu training because I have no one to watch the baby. And I just found out last week that the cyst on one of the bones in my foot never went away. I broke my foot right before I got pregnant because of this. So, it looks like I may not be able to return to kung fu anyway as the consultant said I am vulnerable to breaking it again. :(

I am so determined to be in my PVC ballgown by April and am hoping to go to the Whitby Gothic Weekend. I cannot deal with being this size at all, but am determined to get it off me.

COME ON LADIES, you can do it. A little bit of determination, and you'll get there, slightly cut your calories and go for lots of walks with your little ones in their prams and the weight will fall off.
Lie on your back on the floor whilst holding your Little one and do sit ups, that will help get rid of the mummy bulge, and your baby will add resistance.

Do squats and lunges whilst holding your LO, just by adding little things like this into your everyday routine, you won't even realise you are exercising and you won't even have to leave your little one.

Oh and if you are really hardcore then buy a work out dvd and do it in your living room whilst your bubba has a nap.

It took me 4 weeks to get the weight off by just doing little things like this, (I didn't want to be in hospital depressed about jaiden being ill and depressed about my weight as well)

A little motivation gets you everywhere, and remember everyone is different and you will get there eventually, it went on slowly so it is safest to get it off slowly.

Goodluck xx
I cannot lay on the floor without being in agony from the arch in my back and i cannot squat or kneel because of my knees and twisted shins. I used to be a super fast walker but since being pregnant my knees have become significantly worse to the point it hurts to walk and so to my ankles and feet. I can still walk dont get me wrong but not nearly as fast as i once could. Any tips for moi? :blush:

I certainly do, if there is something in specific you want to tone then let me know, but here are a few ideas to get you going.

For toning your thighs; while seated with good posture, place a rolled-up towel between your knees. Squeeze the towel by contracting the inner thighs and release slightly--don't release all the way--and repeat for 16 reps. Keep the back straight and abs engaged throughout the exercise.

For your thighs and booty:
Sitting up very tall with feet flat on the floor, knees together, straighten the right leg as much as you can while keeping your foot flexed. Bend the knee and lower the foot back down. Touch the heel lightly to the floor (don't rest all the way down) and repeat the leg extension for 16 reps. Switch to the other leg. Make sure your knees stay at the same level (i.e., don't let the knee of the working leg drift up or down).

For your abs:

Sit with good posture holding a dumbbell (or a can of soup/bottle of water if you don't have any weights, or even your baby) in front of torso, elbows slightly bent. Keeping the abs contracted, rotate the ball to the right while keeping the hips and legs facing forward. Contract abs to bring the ball back to centre and then to the left. Go slowly and concentrate on rotating only at the torso.

You can do all of the above whilst holding your little one and none of them will add any strain on your back and knees because they are all seated. Try and walk as much as possible for your cardio, but if you have got someone to look after your baby for 30 mins - 1hour then may i suggest going swimming as much as possible, this is really good for weight loss and because of buyouncy of the water it is non weight bearing and will be kind on your back and knees, you could also do squats and lunges in the water because there will be hardly any pressure on your knees.

Hope it all make sense, feel free to ask any questions if i have confused you. :happydance: xx

Thankyou sooooooo much Charlotte im really going to give those a go.

One thing though...."abs engaged" is that the same as just pulling everything in and up? i walk around with everything pulled in naturally as much as i can.

I have a big jelly belly though lol so might take time to find my abs if that does mean something different :blush:

I used to swim everynight a few years back to strengthen my knees but its pretty impossible as i have no one to look after Tabs here :hissy:

Oh and im being cheeky asking for more now.....anything i can do with baby to reduce my bingo wings?

You should run a course for mothers using babies as the weights....i know i would go! (hmm maybe it has been done before?)

:hugs: Thankyou so so so so so much again Charlotte.....cute pic BTW

im 5'4'' and i weigh a shocking 13stone i was a size 14 pre preg and im now in size 16 but they are getting a little big but cant get in my 14's :cry: x

i was size 8 pre pregnant and went to 16 at ninth month:dohh:
Now i'm struggling with my big jelly belly, it's so black and wrinkled and i feel so unattractive. I'm getting more grumpy too:cry::cry:
I'm still wearing maternity clothes and my baby is 2 months old already:cry::cry:

I was 12st 6 before I got pregnant, which was overweight anyway, I went up to 15st the last time I weighed when I was 35 weeks. I had my bubs at 38 weeks and didn't weigh until he was 8 weeks old, which I weighed 12st 5. However I got cocky about it coming off and when I joined WW last week I weighed 12st 10. I am only 5' 3". So I am currently dieting again. This is the third time since 1998, the last 2 times I lost 2 stone then 3 stone but I always go back up to this weight. I am aiming to get into my small size 14 jeans then I will make a new aim. It gives me more confidence then to say I need to loose 3 stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->