Weight Gain - 5w1d

Spudling

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I found out I'm pregnant on the 5th January (best start to the new year EVER!!) and I've already noticed the scales start to climb. I'm 3lbs up in 9 days, which is horrible! I know that some of that is water weight/bloat, and I've been struggling to go to the toilet (sorry, tmi!) - usually if I do have a small gain I notice my clothes getting tight, but this is literally all around my stomach.

Does anyone have any tips on how they kept weight loss low during their 1st tri? I've lost 8 stone since 2017 and don't want to end up putting loads back on (my BMI is now 29, but has gone over 30 because of those 3 extra lbs!).

Thanks O:)

I really truly wouldn’t worry about this, nor do I think pregnancy is the time to worry about weight gain but I do understand the fears and struggles of it! I’ve always been prone to retaining a ton of water during my period and have noticed my body seems to do that as much as possible during pregnancy!! It seems to help if I drink water to flush out my system, but it still happens :shrug:

Every woman is different and my doctor always says as long as you remain “healthily active” during pregnancy (within reason - nobody NEEDS to start running marathons) everything will be fine! So i second that! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->