Weight gain at 24 weeks?

jade1991

Millies mummy :)
Reaction score
I started out pre preg around 9.5 stone, now I'm 10.5! I can't believe I've put on a whole stone 😂 is this normal? How is everyone else doing at this stage?

I've put on just over half a stone but I'm a bigger girl to start with so I've been actively trying to keep the weight down. I heard half a pound in the 1st tri per week is pretty average, going up to 1 to 2 pounds in 2nd so you sound pretty bang on i think.

I was 9st I've gained 8lbs.
With DD1 I went from 6.5st (having lost a stone and half in the first 16 week's thanks to hyperemesis) to 11 stone by 35 weeks!!!! :shock:

I put on nearly a stone in first tri alone haha! So don't worry you're fine. The NHS guidelines are a bit strict in my opinion. Of course we relax our eating habits when we find out we're pregnant, it's not a matter of eating for two it's just that being pregnant/nauseous/tired/hormonal can make you really hungry!

Thanks for the replies ladies. I think back on my last pregnancy and I just feel the same, I'm carrying a lot lower this time but I still feel fat, unattractive and like I'll never have my figure back again 😂

I feel fat and unattractive too. But I did during and after my first pregnancy, and when my son was little I lost a TON of weight and people told me I was actually way too skinny. You can and will get your figure back but that's a way down the line :) you can make that easier on yourself by eating as well as you can now, but don't stress too much about your actual weight. I actually wish the midwives wouldn't weigh me and stuff because it makes me obsess and I would prefer not to know!

I'm at 2 stone gain at 26 weeks.. i always put loads of weight on even without over eating.. just my weird metabolism as I lose it very quickly too!

I lost my weight so quick with my first, but I'm so scared this time because my daughter was big and I'm small my labour was horrendous. They'll monitor with growth scans towards the end but I can tell I'm already bigger! I know some women love their pregnant bodies and bumps and they are beautiful there's no doubt about that, but I don't think I'm one of them 😂 I was exactly the same last time too!

I lost my weight so quick with my first, but I'm so scared this time because my daughter was big and I'm small my labour was horrendous. They'll monitor with growth scans towards the end but I can tell I'm already bigger! I know some women love their pregnant bodies and bumps and they are beautiful there's no doubt about that, but I don't think I'm one of them 😂 I was exactly the same last time too!
when I had my 1st- I was only 8st pre pregnancy and he was 9lb 1oz- don't worry about the birth being as bad, it won't be- you gave birth to a big baby once, you can do it again but far easier this time. Well it was with my 2nd anyway. Xx

Try not to get too stressed about weight gain. I lost all my baby weight and then some after #1. My OB office keeps bringing up my weight gain at every visit but to me, and everyone else, I look pretty normal...

We are pregnant. Weight gain is inevitable. If you're being healthy MOST of the time, and you are healthy and your baby is healthy, don't get too caught up on the weight.

I was 66kg and now I'm 74kg, so that's 8kg/17lbs/1st3lbs. My biggest gain for this week, by a long shot!! Scary!
I try to be careful with food and still run 3 times a week, and usually have a brisk walk with the dog most other days in between. I'm not doing the school runs at the mo which isn't helping, but that will resume in September. My other pregnancies with smaller weight gains, I had bleeding and was on modified bed rest... and ate like a horse, go figure!!

My babies have all been small for my size, so I'm not worried about that aspect, at least :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->