weight gain at 28 weeks?

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
hiya
i'm just wondering what everyone's weight gain was at around 28 weeks.

if I got by pre-pregnancy then i'm at 5lbs
but if I go by when I was weighted at my 12 week scan and when I started gaining weight i'm at 15lbs weight gain.
with both my last 2 15lbs is what I gained with each of them.
I know my minimum gain should be 25lbs, but because of the weight gain in my last 2 pregnancies i'm worried that I am going to gain too much this time.
Also which one do I go by, I've always gone by when I've started to gain it back rather then pre-pregnancy.

I didn't lose weight at the start of my pregnancy, but I have gained 20lb so far and I'm 34 weeks. I expect to gain around 1lb/week, so around 26lb in total by 40w. I'm totally comfortable with that!

As long as you are eating around 2,100 calories per day and are a healthy bmi then don't worry about what the scales say. My apetite has definitely increased as my pregnancy progresses.

At 37 weeks I gained 23 pounds total and then my last 2 appointments I lost about 3-4 pounds I have no idea how. But my doctor didn't seem too concerned

I am only just coming up to 27 weeks and I've already gained 20 lbs. My sisters gained all of their weight in their second tri and barely gained anything at all in the third, so I'm hoping the same is true for me!

I'm one day overdue and have gained 30lbs. I'm really pleased with that, as I put on over 60lb the first time around! I gained most weight in second tri/early third tri. By 21 weeks I had only gained about 7lb. All this is based on pre pregnancy weight as I didn't lose anything in first tri.

I don't have a clue?! But I have not increased in size apart from belly and boobs! But I don't care anyway lol!

I'm almost 27 weeks and gained 8lbs now. I've put 2 of those on in the last couple of weeks so it seems to be picking up now

At my 28 weeks appointment I gained just under 12lb

I would have had gained around 16 pounds at that point. I'm now almost 39 weeks and up 25. My weight gain has really slowed down the last couple weeks.

I'll be 30 weeks this sat and I have lost 20lbs and haven't gained anything back lol ;) the other day I thought I had finally gained a pound but it turned out to be water weight because it was gone the next day, I seriously wonder if I'll gain anything, I'm thinking it will be very little if I do though as even though I'm due on the 14th of November, we strongly believe because of my history that I will have this baby some time in the last week of October which only leaves me 7-8 weeks!!!

I go by the day I found out I was pregnant, since then, I`ve gained 21 or 23 pounds depending on the day. I`m pleased with that and hope to be around 25-27 by the end of pregnancy in the next few weeks. I do think it matters, studies have shown putting on too much or too little can effect the long term health of your baby ie they`ll have a greater likelihood to be obese with too much or too little calories that you eat while pregnant.

I am 34 weeks pregnant and have have gained 10lbs I suspect I will gain bit more before due date in October.

I tend not to gain a lot in the 3rd tri, my weight gain had slowed down by 30 32 weeks. I know I'm on track to gain more then I did with my other 2

I weighed about 135 two months before getting pregnant. When I got pregnant was immediately after I had been working out a lot and gotten back into really good shape, and I weighed 128. From that I am up to 148, at 35 weeks. I think that's good for me. Other than my stomach, my body looks almost exactly the same, so I know all the weight has gone to the right places!

At 28 weeks I had gained about 12 lbs.

I weighed about 135 two months before getting pregnant. When I got pregnant was immediately after I had been working out a lot and gotten back into really good shape, and I weighed 128. From that I am up to 148, at 35 weeks. I think that's good for me. Other than my stomach, my body looks almost exactly the same, so I know all the weight has gone to the right places!

At 28 weeks I had gained about 12 lbs.

I got pregnant too when I was loosing weight & working out. Funny how that seems to spur fertility!

I went on vacation in January and we drank A LOT on vacation. I decided that I would take a little break from drinking when we came back and in that two weeks, I got pregnant. That combination of no alcohol, eating well, and exercising definitely put my body in a good state to get pregnant. It was nice to not worry at all as well because when I found out I was pregnant I had only drank once during the time I didn't know.

I lost 8 lbs first tri, and now I've gained about 6 back. I'm 28 weeks. I'm sort of growing concerned that I haven't gained more, only 6lbs by third tri seems pretty little to me. But my doctor says I'm measuring just fine so she isn't concerned.

I was worried so much that I'd gain too much weight in pregnancy, and here I am, not gaining enough.

I'm not sure exactly but it's not too much so far, maybe 2 or 3 kilos

I lost 8 lbs first tri, and now I've gained about 6 back. I'm 28 weeks. I'm sort of growing concerned that I haven't gained more, only 6lbs by third tri seems pretty little to me. But my doctor says I'm measuring just fine so she isn't concerned.

I was worried so much that I'd gain too much weight in pregnancy, and here I am, not gaining enough.

I was the same right up to around the 28-30 week mark and then I gained 4 lbs in 1 week and a few in the upcoming weeks. My 31 week pregnancy photo shoot barely shows a bump! But somehow I'm at 35 weeks now and 21 lbs up. It's all on the belly, I can still get into my skinny jeans less buttoning them up. Not a worry, you'll pop and as long as baby measures well, that's the main thing right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->