weight gain at 28 weeks?

I am a very petite person with generally very stable weight pre-pregnancy and very small weight fluctuations. I'm now almost at my due date and only 17lbs heavier as of a few days ago, when I was last weighed. At your weeks (28 weeks) I think I'd only put on something like 8lbs. Most of my weight gain came in the third trimester. My doctor hasn't worried one bit about it, even though, at this stage, it's highly unlikely that I will get to the 'recommended' weight gain of 25-35lbs. Also, my baby has measured on the bigger side ever since my 12-week scan, so weight gain isn't indicative of baby's size. As a matter of fact, I know of women who put on very little weight and had 8-9lbs. babies, as well as others who put on like 40-50lbs. and their babies came out weighing 5lbs.

I used to worry about weight gain too. My doctor has reassured me that it doesn't matter all that much (unless you're at an extreme end - way too little, as in, 8lbs. or less THE WHOLE pregnancy, or way too much), and that as a matter of fact, studies have exaggerated the need for a lot of weight gain during pregnancy. Don't worry about it, just eat a well balanced diet, don't skip meals, listen to your body and your hunger, make sure you eat when hungry but make those snacks nutritious, and you'll be fine :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->