Weight gain :,( getting me down

Mum_Of_Roodys

Reaction score
Seriously getting upset now I've gain like 4 pounds in like 2-3 days :( why is this happening?? Why won't it go , whys it so quick :( ?

I'm the same but mine isn't even bump I mentioned it to my midwife who said it is probably water weight because I'm not drinking enough my body is storing water! I feel really fat and wobbly at the moment :(

Stop weighing yourself ..... Forget it you can sort it out after your baby gets here..... Throw out the scales your body is doing amazing things xxxxx

I can't help it I have a really big issue with my weight I have to weigh myself every day because if I don't I start freaking out , I've been like it my entire life . I will be 6 weeks exactly tomorrow , and yes In the last month and a bit I've gained half a stone it's insane , I don't know why I've not eaten any more and I do allot of exercise in a day I was 6 miles atleast a day !

Ive gained half a stone so far, not a massive deal though, can try and lose it after baby is born lol xx

I'm not bothered and I know I'll loose it after baby but it just seems weird I've never gained this quickly before and I really wanted to hide it for as long as possible and I just don't even think I'll be able to hide this until 12 weeks , my usually flat belly is so bloated even in the morning there's no way I'd fit into my normal jeans , people have questioned me about it so much and I've just said I'm trying to be healthy but I think this is going to be my biggest bump yet !!

Me too! I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my second child and I've put on 5lbs already. My stomach is already sticking out and I feel stuck in that half way point, where you don't look pregnant yet but everyone can tell you've put on weight. I just can't wait to get a big firm bump so I look pregnant and not fat!
Least we can sort it out once baby is here, that's what I keep telling myself. I'm going to stop weighing myself now.

I gained like 6 lbs in my 4th week! I was freaking out because even though I wasn't eating crazy the scale kept going up each day! It was water weight, I knew it because my ankles were swollen and within 1 day, it all came off! Yours is most likely water weight as well, weight doesn't pile on that quickly and I'm sure it will come off!

Sounds like water weight which i wouldnt even think twice about. Sooooo much going on in these early weeks, im sure it will settle or go once your body settles down.

I hope so , freaks me out so badly , but I'm more relaxed then normal about it I'm exactly 6 weeks today so half way through the first tri may as well relax because it will only get worse , I'm hoping that I can stop worrying too much , it is probably because I have switched from drinking coke and energy drinks to water it makes sence really , at least it's good for me x

As someone who has suffered from eating disorders for over 10 years, I can understand how difficult it is to see your body change. I have moments where the weight gain and thought of stretch marks terrifies me (I'm 26 weeks and have gained a stone so far) but I've had to get myself into a mindset whereby weight gain is very low down on the list of what's important in the grand scheme of things. I had a long road getting to this point, which probably wasn't helped by the fact that I've abused my body so much over the years. That's something I have to live with and now that I am fortunate enough to be pregnant, I will do anything to ensure my baby is given the best start possible. That means that I have to accept the weight gain for what it is- recognising that my body has carried another life.

easier said than done but please do not panic about the numbers this early on, it is as other have said probably bloat and water.if you need to keep a chart of weight then weigh at same time each day under same conditions (eg: in nightwear after first toilet trip of the day)
I also am fanatical about weight (well, more body fat percentage and water weight as i am prone to dehydration and also have been plagued with the disorder beast which i sent on his way years ago) and can be known to weigh myself several times a day to check my water percentage is what it should be. since being pg it has been all over the place. at 6/7/8/9 weeks my body would weigh up to 5kg (yes KG not lbs!!!) HEAVIER just before bed than when i woke up because of bloat and water issues.
it has now dropped back to where i was before all this (i am around 1 1/2 kgs heavier than pre pg weight at 14 weeks) so please don't take it to heart right now. keep your fluids up, drink beyond your thirst....you need that water to help create the extra blood your body will be producing. :happydance:

loving hugs xxxx

Thankyou girls for being so understanding I have had a tough time with my weight for as long as I can remember , it's annoying really because I know I'm not big u fact I'm far from it but when I see myself I want to burst into tears because I look huge , it makes no sence , I'm taking it in my stride I should be used to it by now since this is preg no 5 baby no4 i just always freak out a bit at first and my hubby thinks I'm being stupid and I just needed someone to get me lol x

I know how you feel. I'm freaking out a little... I've lost 20 lbs since Christmas and I feel so much better about how I look... The thought of having to gain 25lbs freaks me out so much... I know it's a good weight gain but still...

I used to weigh my self every time I went to the loo, when I was pregnant with my boys I started weighing myself more. after having my 2nd I found myself going to the bathroom just to weigh myself. Now that we've moved hubby hide the scales. so I can't weigh myself all the time. Now I just weigh myself once a week, I go to superdrugs and use their scales, the fact that is costs 50p a time to weigh myself helps me to reduced the amount of times I weigh myself.
try not to worry about your weigh gain, remember every pregnancy and every lady will gain weight differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->