Weight gain help!!!

S_a_m_m_y

It's a BOY!!
Reaction score
I just got back from my OB/Prenatal appt. going to be 31 weeks tomorrow. well at my appt on January 10 I had gained 6 lbs in two weeks...back today for another appt and have gained another 7lbs in two weeks. my doctor seems a bit worried and told me to start walking. Told him when I do spend a good amount of time on my feet or walking I start spotting. He told me to walk…. Feeling confused and would also like to know if there are any effect to excessive weight gain? Thanks any help/advice is appreciated!

Tuesday 18th: This what ended me in labor and delivery
afternoon started out as irregular unpainful bh no pink discharge/spotting. around 6pm bh became regular and very painful couldnt focus and hurt so bad they made me cry. 4 bm's not my norm at all. racing heart-high bp and couldnt catch my breath. Went into L&D and was told it was probably because I was dehydrated they gave me two VE and said I wasnt dilated but cervix was very soft monitored me for 3 hours and gave me 2L of IV fluids. Discharge instructions are pelvic rest, no caffeine, increase fluid intake, stay off my feet and to call back if I have 6 contractions/hr.

Yikes Sammy! Rest up and please keep us updated! Hop over to the March thread if you get a chance. We miss you there!

Ive had something similar. Im only 32+5 and ive already gained 30 lbs. Ive been having contractions around 15 minute apart pretty regular I just keep my doctor updated. She told me to just rest and keep my feet up

see thats what I was told by the labor and delivery on call doctor....but my OB is telling me to start walking. since the begining on this pregnancy I am up to 30 lbs at 31 weeks

hope your feeling better hun

im 29 weeks gained 25pds but i was tiny before all bump are you all bump?

its not that bad just try to excercise as you clean or when you go to the store park furthwer away and walk more

what was your size before being pregnant if you don't mind they say the smaller you are you gain more

try not to worry hun you'll lose it and baby will be healthy

Hey, gees I wouldnt worry. Your weight gain doesnt seem that bad to me. Im only a little bit behind but gained a lot of mine at the start. I read the other day that soon baby starts to put on half a pound a week (I think?) around how far we are. Other woman on here have gained a lot more than that so I would just look after yourself and that little one of yours as you only have 9 more weeks to go and Im sure the weight will come off after baby is born :)

I'm 5'7" and started out at 144lbs my weight today was 172lbs

7 weeks
7 weeks pregnant.jpg

21 weeks
21 weeks Bump and Face Shot.jpg

29+3weeks
jan 14 2011 020.jpg

you look great hun omg you look like you havn't gained!

tight still and all bump i think all the weight went to baby honestly youlook amazing im not lieing!

try not to worry just do little excercise not heavy like walking extra in parking lots and stuff thats what i do lol i think you look awesome!

i was 5'6 115 so bmi was low im 140 now all bump!!

Thanks....my doctor made me feel like a "fatty" today

Thanks....my doctor made me feel like a "fatty" today

Dont feel bad. I was 95lbs pre pregnancy and now im at 120! I feel like such a fat ass I swear. Mine isnt all bump like yours :(. Mine is in my thighs,ass,boobs. Its terrible cause im getting stretch marks on my ass and my boobs. Talk about a self confidence killer :cry:

I know and to top it off for me at least very emotional

I know and to top it off for me at least very emotional

Yea its emotional for me too. Ive had some weight issues (eating issues) so its hard to watch myself gain and cant do anything bout it. I will prob never wear a bathing suit again :(

im sure you will wear a bathing suit again hun even ay 120 you could wear one try not to worry!

Your all belly so you should be fine sweetie! I was 150 when I started and now im up to 180. Im pretty much all belly but definetly have a little extra cushion in my butt and thighs.

oh ladies ladies i think everybody is doing just fine i was 5'2" & 105lbs pre pregnant and now at 34 weeks im at 147lbs mostly all belly except for a little bit bigger bum but thats already 42lbs and i watch what i eat, doc said ill prob gaain about 15 more so i wouldnt worry about it pregnant women are always beautiful if they gain 20lbs or a hundred.... :)

I agree - I have not seen anyone on this thread that I think should be worried! I have gained 25 myself so you guys don't worry about those 30's and 40's! My doc has said I'm doing GREAT with weight and she's very happy; I am shocked that any doc would think 30 is too much for 30-ish weeks!! I'm 33 weeks today and have gained exactly 25lbs. I'm expecting to top out around 30 since we still have a few weeks to go. PLEASE don't any of you ladies feel like you are fat!! None of the weights shown sound at all unusual to me!

I'm 5'2" and started out at 118; today I am 143. I'm all bump so I am not sweating it; we had our 3D ultrasound yesterday and our little butterball is already almost 5.5 pounds. So I know between his weight, plus extra in boobs, placenta, fluid, water retention etc., I'm figuring all but about 5 of my 25 is totally baby related.

Don't stress ladies!!

DAMN you look good, Sammy!

I'd follow your doctor's instructions and walk - but take it easy and stop if you have any issues at all.

But as for the weight gain? I wouldn't worry too much. I've gained about 29 pounds at almost 32 weeks (it's hard to say because lately it's been fluctuating a lot!). My doctor isn't worried.

And go easy on yourself hon!

Thanks ladies for all the encouraging words and advice given its sure make me feel better than I did leaving the doctor's office earlier today. Went on a walk for about 25 minutes...as soon as I walked in the door I started getting shooting pains in my cervix but they stopped shortly after sitting and kicking my feet up for a bit. thanks again, I really appreciate your replies!

I have gained about 30 pounds at 30 weeks.
I was 132lbs before pregnancy and I'm 5'9.

I wouldn't worry about your weight gain, as long as your face isn't starting to look puffy.
I think you look great!

About the walking, I wouldn't do it if I were you.
If it were me, I'd try eating healthy and keep yourself relaxed and don't walk for long periods of time as you said you just did and you got shooting pains in your cervix.
You'll lose the weight after the baby is born I'm sure and right now baby is more important than you gaining weight (i think).
So relax, put your feet up and NO you are not fat :hugs:

just thought I would throw this in....picture to the left was me the day before I went into labor with my first.....second picture(right) was a week ago will post updated picture tomorrow.

Attachments

• First pregnancy compared to Second Pregnancy.jpg
    First pregnancy compared to Second Pregnancy.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back