Weight Gain in 3rd Tri

hokiemom

Reaction score
I just moved over here and I'm curious as to how everyone's weight gain is going. Are you finding that it's starting to slow down now that you're in the 3rd tri or is it still going strong? I can't quite remember with my 1st pregnancy, but all I know is that I seem to be packing it on rather quickly the past 6 weeks. I'm kind of hoping it slows down over the next 90 days :) I'm up about 23 lbs. already. I did start out very fit and not overweight at all. I'm 5'6" and was 130 at my heaviest before pregnancy. So I know personally for me, 25-35 lbs. would be normal. I'm trying to not go over the 35 lb. mark.

I managed to gain the normal amount (about 2-4 pounds every month) all the way up until this last month and found out I gained 7 pounds :( I have a feeling it's not going to slow down for me from here....

I'll look forward to other people's responses to this. I'm new to third tri, too, but concerned about my weight gain. From pre-pregnancy weight, I'm up 20. That wouldn't be so bad, but I had lost 10 lbs in the first tri so it's actually 30 lbs put on since about week 14 or so. Yikes! Sure hope mine doesn't continue at this pace!

With my first pregnancy i really packed on the pounds in the third trimester especially at the end, but with this pregnancy it has really slowed down in the last few weeks of pregnancy. So who knows?!

I lost in first tri (thanks to ms) and gained 20 lbs in 2nd tri. As soon as I entered 3rd I was diagnosed with GD, put on a diet (basically no treats), and haven't gained a lb since! So I'm almost 38 weeks and up 20 lbs. No gain in 3rd tri at all.

I would be gaining though if I was allowed desserts :). I'm never depriving myself of food though. I think your weight gain seems pretty good so far, just stay away from binging is my advice.

I never gained a pound in the first 14 weeks. In my second tri, I started gaining like 2-3 lbs a week. I couldn't help it! It was nuts! So anyways, the last month I've only gained about 2 lbs. It's almost like my body was making up for not gaining at first and now it's like, ok slow it down.

It's hard to gage what you'll gain...or how to gain it...

So far ive gained 1.2stone. Dont know what the 'norm' is but ill worry once the baby arrives lol. X

I'm up about 14 pounds at 28 weeks. I'm not seeing any difference in weight gain at the moment, it seems pretty steady each week. I started off at around 126 pounds xx

This is my first pregnancy and im currently up 30lb at 29 weeks. I was 133lb to start with and didnt eat many carbs. Now all I want is carbs so I guess this is where the weight gain has come from. Im not too bothered though. It will be nearly gone come xmas :) Thats my goal anyway!

... just sneakedly weighed myself. I'm 31weeks and I've put on about 40lbs.

Bugger :(

<.... nom, nom, nom... wot?>

I am currently up 35 lbs at 38 weeks. I seem to think I was up about 25-28ish by the time I hit third Tri, so I've gained about 7-10 lbs so far in the 3rd Tri. I know a lot of that gain has been swelling in my feet and ankles, so I'm not too concerned as that should come off quickly once baby arrives. I hadn't had any issues with swelling until I got close to Full Term...

It's interesting to see where everyone is at. I know everyone's body is different and we all started out at different weights and shapes so that plays a factor in where we are all at now. I just wanted very badly to stay within 35 lbs. this time because last time I gained about 50. It still came off very quickly, but with this summer heat I just don't want to carry around the extra lbs.

As of yesterday I have gained a total of 19 pounds. I was 122pounds to begin with. I am too hoping to stay under the 35 pound mark. However, It is summer and I do live in Arizona = Major water retention due to the lovely heat!

As of today I am up 10.3 kilos (22.7 pounds). Am being careful now and hoping not to gain any more. Bump measures spot on and I don't feel too heavy.

As of yesterday I have gained a total of 19 pounds. I was 122pounds to begin with. I am too hoping to stay under the 35 pound mark. However, It is summer and I do live in Arizona = Major water retention due to the lovely heat!

I understand what you mean about the weather. We get hot and humid and it will be hot from now through most of Sept. I know that will play a factor in my swelling/water retention.

The pregnancy weight calculator I've been using is starting to piss me off haha. It's telling me that I'm over the high end of the weight I should be at this point. And believe me, I know it's just a guideline, but it's still bothering me for some reason.

I understand what you mean about the weather. We get hot and humid and it will be hot from now through most of Sept. I know that will play a factor in my swelling/water retention.

yeah, its a bummer! Good thing is we will just pee it all out once LO is born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->