Weight gain in first tri..?

Sorry, I had to weigh in here.... Haha, like that?

Weight gain definitely depends on your starting weight. If you are small to start, you will naturally gain due to the extra food/water you eat, and also as your uterus grows and expands. Those of us that are strict with our diet pre pregnancy, also will experience the frustration of craving foods we don't normally eat (such as bread, bagels etc.), and often have to stop working out temporarily. When you start at a smaller weight, these minor adjustments can affect your body significantly and quickly. Its not so much about the number on the scale, it's the whole body package and how it's changed in the first trimester.

On the flip side, if you are average or above average weight and continue your normal eating snd lifestyle habits, you very well may be able to escape weight gain in the first trimester. Also, those who do not suffer from any nausea or morning sickness also may be able to pull It off.

This obviously disregards those who use first trimester as an excuse to eat anything they want haha... Which I did my first time.

While I'm certainly no expert, and realize that everyone will experience their own weight gain, or lack thereof... I am very active and health conscious. And I do not agree with posters who say there should be no weight gain at all. Especially when it's such a hugely sensitive subject. What is just a few pounds to one person, may feel like 20 to another. It's a touchy subject.

:) we shouldn't have to worry about what other people think. We're growing humans people! Haha.

Thanks so much for all the replies, lovely to read the different experiences!

I went to slimming world on wed's to weigh in an I stayed the same after 2 weeks!

I'm absolutely thrilled after a hen do and a wedding, both away for the weekend and I didn't stick to plan.

That's a total gain of 2lbs so far and I will be 12 weeks on sunday. Can't wait for Monday - It's my scan :)

Have fab weekend's everyone!!

Hello ladies! Didn't want to read and run so I thought I'd share a little.

I am usually around 120lb at the beginning of my pregnancy (3 before this one) and have always been told its okay to gain 1-5 during the 1st tri. My ms is always so bad my doc is more concerned I eat what I can keep down than weight gain.
Anyways I started off this pregnancy at 137!! (Yikes for me) I don't look big but I just have more to love in certain areas 😉 I was so worried the doctor would say I really needed to watch my weight but to my surprise she said I should gain about 25lbs. Which is what she tells me every time!! Obviously she said if my weight becomes an issue then we'll deal with it but for now just carry on like I normally do 😋😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->