Weight gain in first tri

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
Hi everyone 😘

Hope mums and bubs are all doing well xx

I'm 10 weeks with twins and have gained half a stone already 😢

My pregnancy sickness was basically feeling like if I don't eat I'm guna be sick!! I tried to stick to fruit as much as possible but it just didn't cut it!

Now at 10+1 that nausea has been replaced by what I can only describe as a feeling like I haven't eaten for days!! Ive never heard my belly growl so bad in all my life.

What excerise is safe? I need to keep my fitness up with all this extra eating. I know I'm eating for three but I worry about the weight gain affecting my pregnancy and the babies. I'm currently 140 lbs/ 10 stone xx

Hi hun ive put on weight the same way as you i went shopping yesterday and brought healthy foods i promised myself and OH i wudnt put on anymore weight, now the weather is nice i walk my girls to the local park or local farm x

Thanks love, I'm wondering if maybe using an excercise bike on a steady pace would be ok? Xx

Should be ok just dont push ur self hun my mom road a bike when she was having me it was her only form of transport while my dad had the car for work x

Hey I would say swimming is a fantastic way to keep in shape and also prepare
Your body for an easier labour -

God please don't think of this as bitchy but don't think that your eating for 3 I done that with Ds and am still regretting it now pregnant with second now I am determined not to eat more I know single pregnancies a woman only needs 2300 kal in last tri the other 2 stick to normal that may be different to twinny mamas tho xx

I was told 300 extra calories a day but it's likely a little more for twins. I know it's hard though especially when feeling sick and eating actually makes me feel better too right now so have to find healthier snacks. Nuts, or granola bar or fruit or something. Exercise is a good idea.. Just take it easy no matter what you do :)

I have the same problem of needing to eat constantly to avoid feeling so sick... Hopefully I'll figure out something that works and keeps me from gaining so much weight but in the end, I gained quite a lot my first two pregnancies and it was off after 6-9 months without any real diet or exercise plan so I prefer to gain more than recommended and feel better overall. Still, exercise is always a good thing during pregnancy and something near your usual levels of activity and adapted to pregnancy should be fine.

If you're not someone who usually works out, a decent-paced walk that raises your heart rate a little without having you be out of breath could be a good idea! That will be my main exercise (and the general running after the kids, trying to be active while we're at the playground, that type of thing) but the way I feel now all of that is not going to happen lol

I gained 57 lbs. with my DD and 52 lbs. with my DS. I don't even think I really ate meals. It was all gained by snacking on little things all day long. I tried to avoid fast food and greasy foods. I even walked a lot and still managed to gain the weight. With you being pregnant with twins, I really wouldn't worry about over-eating as long as you keep snacking frequently on healthy foods. Most of it will probably be for your babies anyway.

My midwife said that as long as you can talk and have a conversation through the exercise then it's okay

Thanku everyone!! Feeling so sick today so exercise is off the menu!! Will see if u can get out later with the dog's xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->