Weight gain that's unexplainable

Mama2Aston

Reaction score
Ok so I'm 24 weeks as of today . Two weeks ago I was only up 5 or so pounds total so far since becoming pregnant . I weight myself today . I'm up in total now 14 total from beginning of pregnancy . Although it says you should gain 14-16 lbs by now I don't think 8-9 lbs in two weeks is normal at all . I have indulged in more cake and sweets but not over the top or least not incredibly . Maybe that's it? I had gestational diabetes w my sons pregnancy and all and worry what if that gain is related ?? I did a glucose test at 18 weeks . Came back negative. I passed it . Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but I'm concerned on the 8-9 lb gain . Any insight ? Should I be worried ?

If you're ever concerned call your OB. It is always better to ask, but no, I do not think it is all that odd. Baby is starting to put on actual fat at this point so weight increase is to be expected. Some women gain in bursts and some gain slowly. I would say give them a call but either way just monitor it. GL and happy V-Day!

I do wonder if week 18 is too soon for a gtt test, and they don't always pick up diabetes.

Personally, i would just speak to your care giver and see if you can have more checks.

If it's nothing to do with diabetes, i would probably put it down to the amount of fluid retention, extra blood being made, that sort of thing! (some cakes... :p)

Rapid weight gain can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. Talk about it with your midwife next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->