weight gain.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi im nearly 14 weeks gone and i havnt put on hardly any weight.
i weighted myself yesterday and i was weighing about 1-2lb more than what i did before i got pregnant.

is this normal and ok?

thanks x x x

That is about all I had gained at that point. Even now I have only gained 10-12 lbs.

You should't gain much weight in the first trimester anyway so it sounds ok to me. I've gained about 3 pounds but my weight fluctates anyway. Have you been sick much?

Sounds normal to me as well, I don't think you gain to much in the first trimester.

Everyone's different but I'd say that's relatively normal. I only just started putting on weight. I'm now 30 weeks pregnant and only weigh 7lbs more than pre-pregnancy.

The midwives would tell you if they were concerned, but if you have any concerns yourself you can always ask your midwife about it to set them at rest.

that sounds pretty normal to me. your body has gained a litre of fluid (mostly in increased blood) and the baby is still very small. any weight gain i've noticed has been bloating for the most part so far.

sounds normal to me :hugs:

Thats what I gained in the first trimester and have only gained 10.5lbs in total to date. Doctor said it was alright.

i did have morning sickness but it has slowed right down now, wasnt physically sick loads of time maybe only once or twice. but i did have my sickness all day every day until about 12-13 weeks.
in away im pleased i havnt put on too much weight. i, seeing midwife in a few weeks so ill see what she says.

before i was pregnant i was so scared of putting on extra weight that i wouldnt be able to get rid of after the birth, but hopefully its a good sign that i havnt put on too much weight.
dont get me wrong i dont care about putting on weight but was worried i would put on extra weight and i would struggle to loose it after birth.

thanks everyone. x x

I've been thinking about this also..
Im 13weeks now.
On my first appt I weighed in at 56kg and I've been weighing myself at home since & i think its gone up maybe 1lb or 2lb..
I have had a fair bit of morning sickness tho & still do so does this sound ok?

yeh i didnt put on any weight until i was like 23 weeks or something, and i was worried my baby wasnt growing but she was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->