Weight gain

Sooome

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm a newb here, and this is the first forum I've joined whilst pregnant, so hi :)

I have come away from a doctors appointment today having had a severe ticking off about my weight gain and am being referred to hosp for monitoring if I've gained any more within the next two weeks!
SO humiliating :(

I am not even 12 weeks yet, I have a week and a half to go until my scan and I've put on so much weight already, I don't know what's wrong with me, I just can't stop eating! I've had no morning sickness at all so far, just seem to be hungry constantly!
I was already overweight to start with but I've gained just over 1.5st and gone up a dress size. Im 13st 12 now (only 5ft 2) and my dr says high risk.
Everyone already knows in pregnant even though I haven't passed the first trimester just because its so obvious! We got married last year so everyone's kinda been waiting for baby news anyway but I'd have liked to have been able to conceal it until around 16 weeks or at least until we had the scan to be able to announce it properly :(
I actually lied to a stranger in a shop the other day that I'm 6 months because its embarrassing telling people I'm almost 3 months :(
None if my clothes fit but I don't want to spend loads on maternity stuff when in only gonna get bigger :/

I don't know what I'm asking really, I suppose whether anyone else has had the same problem? And people's experience of expecting whilst being overweight/obese? We're you treated like a criminal by the hospital?

Thanks
Xx

Big hugs hun :hugs:

I do think it's hard not to eat all the time when pregnant- it does affect us differently though. I'm sorry the doctor was harsh- honestly, there main concern is your overall health and babies health- so they will treat you like a patient, not always a human with real feelings. Which, can really suck!

I know it's hard- but I'm sure you also want to do what is best for you and LO as well. Have you tried any excercise at all- even just going for nightly walks to keep your blood moving and body active. Doesn't have to be anything crazy- just a stroll. But the farther along you get- the more that might help. I know for sure excercise while I was pregnant helped me feel better in general- cut down on bloated feet and joint pain- even though it was hard sometimes, due to joint pain, the days I didn't do things were worse tbh. Especially towards the end when my hips hurt before bed!

Big congrats on your pregnancy hun! Hopefully you get some useful and supportive information at your next appt-- I do think some docs have kinda left that bedside manner on the wayside! So they may need to be reminded! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->