Weight gain

sproutly2003

Reaction score
Pre pregnancy I was around 290lbs. I joined slimming world when I found out I was pregnant to try and prevent gaining too much, but due to my nausea and food adversions, I don't always want what they say I can have. My husband says I have to eat what I fancy and when, as it's what my body is telling me I need, but I'm scared I'll gain an obscene amount if weight. I gain weight easily in general due to having an under active thyroid. Today I have had a whole meal bacon roll (rind cut off), a beef and salad wrap and 3 toberlorone triangles. It's unlikely I'll eat much, if anything else today, as eating later in the day causing raging heartburn, yet I feel like I've downed a ton of terrible food.

Hi there! I lost 2 stone with Slimming World before I found out I was pregnant and plan on carrying on throughout the pregnancy. As I put on 4 stone with my daughter and I am determined not to do that again!!

However, due to my nausea I have not followed the plan at all and even struggled to get to class in the last 6 weeks. I have already put on about 4-5lb and I am only 12weeks.

But instead of being hard on myself, I have told myself that when I stop being sick I will get back on plan and follow the diet. With isla I stopped being sick about 14-15 weeks. So I can't do too much damage in the next 2 weeks right? lol!

Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself. 2nd Trimester you will feel better and have more energy. So that's a good time to make changes and feel better!

Don't be so hard on yourself, pregnancy is hard enough. I've lost 40lbs on SW since having my son, but I'm so ill at the moment and the only thing that makes me feel better is eating! I was also running before I got preg but haven't been out in a week as I feel so tired.

My best laid plans have already gone out the window. i felt so miserable with my weight gain last time and thought I'd be better this time, but I feel just as awful. My diet isn't that bad but I'm eating a lot more bread than the plan allows for (and I'm just ordered a dominos for tea as it was all that I fancied!) I had 1.5lbs on at my weigh-in this week and I know I'll prob have that again this week.

I think the only thing to do at this stage is try to stick to the plan, but not to worry too much if you have the odd occasional slip. The plan does work and the weight will come off once you've had the baby, so just do your best and once you are feeling more like yourself in second tri, get back on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->