Weight gain

I must not be doing too bad because I fit into a cute pair of jeans of mine today... Of coarse I have to put a puffy top on with it to cover the pudge hanging over now, but I am just happy I was able to get in them!!!

I actually lost 2 pounds when I stepped on the scale yesterday. So, at almost 11.5 weeks and I'm down 3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight with no vomiting or anything. But, I put on my size 18/20 elastic waist pants today and I could only tolerate wearing them for like an hour. They weren't painful but just made my tummy very annoyed. I can't seem to wear anything that hugs my stomach too tightly now.

I actually lost 2 pounds when I stepped on the scale yesterday. So, at almost 11.5 weeks and I'm down 3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight with no vomiting or anything. But, I put on my size 18/20 elastic waist pants today and I could only tolerate wearing them for like an hour. They weren't painful but just made my tummy very annoyed. I can't seem to wear anything that hugs my stomach too tightly now.

I'm jealous.. I wish I lost 3 lbs. I'm only gaining!

I was down a pound from last week then shot up 3 in 2 days :dohh: Why do I step on that scale (other than trying to prepare myself for the weigh in at the doctor's this afternoon)? Swelling and constipate are so much fun :growlmad:

I got all my walks in this weekend and even did a little yoga on Saturday. My appetite is changing. I'm eating less at a time but more prone to snacking.

I've got a rant about medical professionals, weight and nutrition.

Of course I weighed in 3 lbs heavier this week than at my last appointment two weeks ago. I couldn't exactly explain to the midwife that those 3 lbs actually came over the last three days and that some of that really wasn't food related.

I record my weight every week at the same time and day of the week.

Even though my extra weight gain came in the first trimester (I was up 4/5 lbs extra), it wasn't until week 28 that any of the midwives said anything. And the advice? Cut back on carb/sugars and eat more protein or you will have a big baby. My husband first interpreted this as we needed to eliminate all carbs from our meals. I had to pull him back from that measure. Carbs have their place in a healthy diet.

My blood sugars are normal. I am active. My blood pressure is low/normal. I am conscious of my diet.

So yes, I know I'm on the high side of normal weight gain. But no, it's not because of over-eating. Seems like the recommendation came simply because of the last few weeks of weight gain and that scary BMI of 30.

Prior to the last few years, I've been over-weight (technically obese based on BMI) since the age of fourteen. None of my doctors were very helpful and even seeing a nutritionist had limited results. It wasn't until I reached 207 lbs after a change in jobs, a big move and a disastrous relationship, that I finally found a way of gradually losing the weight and keeping it off.

I know a lot about health and nutrition. Which is why I can't really argue with her advice. I'm just peeved that 1) it doesn't seem based on individual information about me but a general warning about excess sugar consumption = big baby (BTW lil Miss Bean was in 35% for weight at the last scan) 2) my husband tends to take advice to an extreme 3) if I wasn't so conscious of my own health, hearing such a nonspecific warning so late in my pregnancy might make me worry more than is needed or warranted.

Okay rant over.

I do want to instill in my daughter the good eating habits and whys that I didn't learn until I was an adult. I have back slide on my quest to minimize my intake of added sugar. Limiting carb consumption between meals has such a dramatic impact on my emotional state. I'm so crabby right now, it's not even funny. It doesn't help that carb snacks are so much easier to obtain than high protein or high fiber snacks.

I did drink my powdered chai this morning (4 teaspoons of added sugar) but my morning snack was limited to carrots and hummus. No chocolates. No zucchini bread. My goal is to only eat dessert-type items after a meal and avoid foods with most of their calories from simple carbs or sugar between meals.

Back to the hard boiled egg snacks ^_^ Good thing my cholesterol has always been low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->