Weight gain

May55

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
Ill be 15 weeks on friday and I know thats early but I expected to have gained something by now.. Im 1-2lbs lighter than I was when I found out I was pregnant, i dont count that and just consider my weight has stayed the same, but should I have gained? I have no ever had morning sickness, not even a little bit. I eat breakfast, 2 full meals in a day and 2 snacks so im definitely not lacking. I am not overweight, I have PCOS but thats my only health "issue"... Next appointment is the 27th, am i just over thinking?

It's just fine! I lost weight in the first halves of all of my "boy" pregnancies. I gained a ton in the first half of my "girl" pregnancy and have gained 8 pounds so far with this one... looking to not gain any more, but good luck with that! Ugh!

Make sure you're taking a prenatal. Your pregnancy will take what it needs from YOU, so if you're eating healthy and losing weight, it will be okay. As long as you're giving your baby enough nutrients. It sounds like you're eating plenty. You don't need to change that. Your metabolism sometimes revs up for pregnancy. You're body-building! You're bound to burn extra calories. :)

As long as you are nourishing yourself properly I would not worry. With my 1st pregnancy (my son) by 15 weeks I think I was only up 2-3lbs. I started gaining after the 20 week mark sporadically. 1 month it would be 2lbs and I had 1 month that I gained 8lbs! I hadn't changed my activity or food intake at all I just think Baby had a growth spurt or something. I gained just over 25lbs the whole pregnancy.

All of my pregnancy weight gain has been different! With 1st I didn't gain much until around 25 weeks only gained about a stone, with second I was 2 stone lighter because I was so sick during and after, 3rd was about a stone and this time I'm already about 8lb heavier and only 20 weeks ��

With my first I gained about 5 stone throughout the entire pregnancy.
I'm 26 and a half weeks and have gained 3lb-4lb with this pregnancy.

Swings and roundabouts.

I agree every woman and pregnancy is different. I had the opposite problem: I have gained 6 lbs and I'm 16w4d. I asked my gyn about it and she said that it is common for women to go through periods of no gain or loss and then random periods of tons of gain. I gained 3 lbs first tri and 3 lbs so far this tri, but I didn't have any morning sickness/only throw up if my stomach is totally empty and my metabolism sucks since I hit 25 (now 27). I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially as long as you are getting the nutrients you need/keeping food down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->