weight gain

I had to eat all the time for the first 9 weeks in order not to get sick... so I gained about 7 or 8 pounds. I'm 12 weeks now and haven't gained anymore than that, thank God!

Lost 2 pounds by 9 weeks due to MS, but now that it's nearly gone I'm sure I've gained a couple!

I lost 7lb due to loss of appetite up to week 9 but have now put 5lb of that back on as I am ravenous all the time, still 2lb down but doesnt feel like it with my swollen belly. I am trying to enjoy the time at the moment whilst my trousers still fit...

I passed the 9wk mark this wkend & I've put on about 5lbs. I'm hoping the weight gain slows down though as that's what they say is the average gain in the whole of the first trimester & i've still a few wks to go. I'm in the same boat as epeezy & gave up the ciggies before i found out i was pregnant so i'm not sure whether it's due to my BFP or a result of quitting.

I've started swimming 2x a week & i'm trying to watch what i'm eating. The only problem that i'm finding is that i'm thinking about food ALL the time - is anyone else? It's driving me nuts as it's never bothered me before, x

1st preg I gained 10 lbs by then!!
2nd preg gained none( i wasnt eating like a horse)
current preg(8weeks) I have gained none to maybe 1?
My 2nd and current pregnancies I have had bad morning sickness, but still I havent lost any weight, but I am underweight so i dont think it would be good for me to lose weight.

My pre pregnancy pre christmas weight was 11 st 4 ish - about half a stone above my preferred weight. After Christmas when I got my BFP I was 12 st and now I am 11st 10 ish which is partially post Christmas and partially pregnancy (massive boobs and bloat not bump) because I am not dieting but trying to eat healthier and making sure I get the right protein etc. So I am up about 6 pounds but trying not to put on any more in the first tri.

x

We're similar. 10st is my preferred weight. I was 10st 11 pre-pregnancy, went up to 11st 2 after Christmas, and then by 6 weeks pregnant went down to 10 st 13. I haven't had the guts to step on the scale since, but I feel like I'm around 11st 4 or 5. :nope:

Well 3 years ago 10st was my preferred weight ... but somehow that went up half a stone and then before you know it I piled on another half a stone ... hoping to keep it in check and then lose loads by breastfeeding and walking with the pram everywhere. Really don't want to "let myself go"!

x

Same! I'm soooo determined to breastfeed. We can do it!

Yes we can, when you come across negative people I think it must be too hard but I am going to try my very hardest and luckily my midwife is VERY pro breastfeeding.

x

With you MoonMelody and RaspberryK! 10st is my preferred weight but was 10st 6 when I got pregnant. Then went to New York for 5 days (cannot diet there!) then it was Christmas! Jumped on scales this morning (12weeks today) and was 10st 11. That's it now no more weight gain for rest of 1st trimester - two weeks to go! Good luck ladies xx

Haven't really gained or lost any weight. Seem to be losing and gaining the same kilo (sorry metric weights in Australia - no idea what that is in pounds :shrug:) for the past few weeks. Most of the time not really very hungry until I smell food (after I have started making dinner) and then I get really super hungry and feel sick for not eating quickly enough. Weird. All my clothes still fit except later in the evening when I start to feel really bloated or when I am driving home from work - gets really uncomfortable and I am stuck in the car for an hour. Not pleasant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->