weight gain

epeezy

Reaction score
For my own sanity, I am taking a poll. How much weight have you/had you gained around 9 weeks pregnant?

Geeze, with my first I think I gained like 12 or 13 pounds the first trimester. I wasn't paying attention to what I ate and I had no morning sickness.

This time around I see my belly expanding and I feel like I'm gaining weight, but I'm watching what I eat more (not that the hubby is helping. Surprise, I brought home ice cream!!) and avoiding the scale at all costs until the dreaded weigh-in at the doctor.

Mmmm I've lost 10 pounds, but I feel like I'm now gaining a TON. My pants are all too tight.

I put on around 3lbs at 9 weeks (was about 4lbs over normal weight before getting pregnant though).

With my first baby I put on 12 lbs in the first trimester!! This time around I lost weight at 8 weeks, my pants are looser! However I am eating healthier and I workout 4-5 times a week with the doctors consent

I have MS, but have still managed to put on about 6 pounds. Not happy. I was already 15 pounds overweight to begin with.

I've lost albs between ms and no more evening wine. I'm sure I'll start packing it on now that I'm feeling a little better.

My pre pregnancy pre christmas weight was 11 st 4 ish - about half a stone above my preferred weight. After Christmas when I got my BFP I was 12 st and now I am 11st 10 ish which is partially post Christmas and partially pregnancy (massive boobs and bloat not bump) because I am not dieting but trying to eat healthier and making sure I get the right protein etc. So I am up about 6 pounds but trying not to put on any more in the first tri.

x

My pre pregnancy pre christmas weight was 11 st 4 ish - about half a stone above my preferred weight. After Christmas when I got my BFP I was 12 st and now I am 11st 10 ish which is partially post Christmas and partially pregnancy (massive boobs and bloat not bump) because I am not dieting but trying to eat healthier and making sure I get the right protein etc. So I am up about 6 pounds but trying not to put on any more in the first tri.

x

We're similar. 10st is my preferred weight. I was 10st 11 pre-pregnancy, went up to 11st 2 after Christmas, and then by 6 weeks pregnant went down to 10 st 13. I haven't had the guts to step on the scale since, but I feel like I'm around 11st 4 or 5. :nope:

I've held pretty steady. . .maybe gained a pound or two and lost it (water/bloat weight)

x

We're similar. 10st is my preferred weight. I was 10st 11 pre-pregnancy, went up to 11st 2 after Christmas, and then by 6 weeks pregnant went down to 10 st 13. I haven't had the guts to step on the scale since, but I feel like I'm around 11st 4 or 5. :nope:

Well 3 years ago 10st was my preferred weight ... but somehow that went up half a stone and then before you know it I piled on another half a stone ... hoping to keep it in check and then lose loads by breastfeeding and walking with the pram everywhere. Really don't want to "let myself go"!

x

I've had no MS and increased appetite, so have put on 3 - 4lbs by 9 weeks, I'm trying to curb my food intake a little though because I don't want to put on more than 5lbs by the end of 1st tri.

I think i put on about 6lbs by 9 weeks....i'm now 15 weeks and have put 10 lbs in total x

Well I quit smoking a cpl weeks before I found out I was pregnant and I've gained about 10 lbs. Can't tell if its partly because of that or not but I continue to have meltdowns about how my clothes fit. Its horrible!

x

Well 3 years ago 10st was my preferred weight ... but somehow that went up half a stone and then before you know it I piled on another half a stone ... hoping to keep it in check and then lose loads by breastfeeding and walking with the pram everywhere. Really don't want to "let myself go"!

x

Same! I'm soooo determined to breastfeed. We can do it!

Well I quit smoking a cpl weeks before I found out I was pregnant and I've gained about 10 lbs. Can't tell if its partly because of that or not but I continue to have meltdowns about how my clothes fit. Its horrible!

Good for you! I quit smoking during summer '09. The weight your gaining now is a small price to pay for adding years to your life.

I've lost 7lbs but have very bad MS and am off food completely :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->