Weight lifters

megangrohl

Mama to Lily!
Reaction score
Any women here lift weights? I've just recently started lifting and I'd like some buddies into the same thing. I am using MFP along with calorie counting and cutting out certain foods due to intolerances. Anyways, hoping to find some women weight lifters here.

Yep, me :)
Got some New PBs last week too:
102.5kg deadlift
57kg bench press
61kg squat
:) :) :)

I like to do big compound moves and complexes.

Are you following a programme?

xx

omg youre so advanced lol im just new, im following a program starting next week

omg youre so advanced lol im just new, im following a program starting next week

Good luck with it!
I love doing weights - its my favourite kind of exercise.
What programme are you doing?
xx

I am thinking about doing on off bodybuilding.com its a 12 week program called LIVEFIT. Another one I am interested in doing once I finish LIVEFIT is stronglifts. Do you do any programs?

I really want to start but I'm terrified to go to the gym and start using heavyish weights around all the men. I need to 'man up' though and just do it as I'm boring myself now moaning about it. x

Loving my weights right now :D A lot of women think lifting weights will build manly bulk, but it's so not true! Although I still have a little extra baby weight on me, I feel so strong (and more beautiful) as I work out with weights more and more.

I agree, do your research - it doesn't make you bulk up. The only way that happens is if you lower your body fat percentage excessively.

Beth if youre scared of the men, why don't you just buy some dumbells and do them at home? I do that now, because I only started at 3 lbs but you will work your way up and if anything most men will think it's sexy that you are lifting weights ;)

Like PP stated, I feel so much stronger and my body is tighter since lifting weights and I've only just started! I can't wait to start stronglifts. Go us! If anybody uses MFP then let me know, they can add me and see what I do on a daily basis.

I have!! I'm on day three of that live fit program! I've just been doing alternative moves with my dumb bells instead of being able to use the machines that I would at the gym. I've already got little guns popping through lol ( I build muscle really quick which I guess is because I was always in good shape before having kids). But I'm enjoying it so will take u to the gym next week! X

Thats awesome! I did my day 1 of Livefit. OMG my shoulders and upper arms are sore!

Thats awesome! I did my day 1 of Livefit. OMG my shoulders and upper arms are sore!

Lol. What weight are you using? I've been using mostly 2.5kg dumbells (5.5lbs), for my bicep curls been using 5kg (11lbs) and for the squats and other leg alternatives a 7.5kg kettle bell I have (16.5lbs).

Sounds pathetic compared to iloveshoes lol but I've not done weighs for a longggg time x

I am only at 5 lbs for dumbbells one handed and two handed 10 lbs and the pulleys im at 40 lbs.

Well I had my first session in the gym today! My friends boyfriend was there so showed me what to do lol. The pressups really kill me! But the rest of it was ok although I think I'm going to be sore for tomorrow's!

It's fun, I like it! I am now up to 10 lbs for arms instead of 5lbs, you can do it!

I'm using 5kg (11lbs), I'm sore today lol :(

It's definitely much more fun than spending ages doing cardio!

I've had to switch today as a rest day because there's no way I could have done the bicep moves today!

That's ok, rest up your muscles need it! But also make sure you are taking in lots of water (at least 8 cups daily) and protein (I aim for 150g per day). Are you using anything like myfitnesspal? I use it with this program, it's nice to know what my values are everyday.

I would recommend stronglifts. You can use the excel PDF and it will tell you exactly how much to lift on each day. Stronglifts (SL) is a 5x5 program and will get you strong QUICK. Takes the guess work out of it.

My lifting #s are similar to ILoveShoes but I've been training a very long time. It doesn't matter where you start, as long as you keep progressing. I couldn't do 10lbs at one time either.

Thx aliss. I am progressing with my program I am doing now. Once I finish it, I will be starting stronglifts. I am already seeing tightening of my body with just 10 lbs. I started at 3 lbs and now I am at 10 lbs for most of the moves. :)

Great news :)

You might be interested in reading this
https://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

Yes I already knew that, I've read up on that along with tons of other stuff before making the decision to lift. But, thank you for the article :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->