Weight lifters

Exactly as aliss said, your shoulders/arms are much more smaller than your quads (legs). That is completely normal. :) Keep on goin!

O ill keep going :) I'm really loving it! Just my shoulders are killing from the barbells so its going to hurt doing arms tomorrow :/ lol x

lol yep! i personally love the pain! i have leg day tmrw, day 14 :)

I know what you mean! At least the pain means muscles are getting worked! For the first time ever I have sore bum muscles lol!

I'm such a geek though, I've not stopped talking about the gym since I started going (thankfully my ohs in fitness so he appreciates it lol).

hahahaha yeah, same here except my OH isnt really into it. He is too lazy! I wish he would go, maybe he will start, we do have a family gym membership! Honestly, though, its all I talk about and been taking pics of my arms LOL

OH MY GOSH so I did walking barbell lunges today with 5 lbs heavier than I am used to. Talk about BURN! Holy crap lol my hammys are really feeling it, and my glutes!!!

Beth how are you getting on?

Lol.

Well I did back and biceps today. Its good how fast this program builds up strength. But I was a bit silly, a friend whos started coming to the gym wanted me to show her squats with the squat rack (coz i'm such a pro :/) and she wanted to start using it, so I did 2 sets of 10 using 30kg and omg my bum hurts now!

I'm so glad you posted this or else I probably wouldn't have ever started going!

What sortof meals do you eat?

I'm such a geek though, I've not stopped talking about the gym since I started going (thankfully my ohs in fitness so he appreciates it lol).

I've learned to not mention working out or the gym to DH. He was a body builder (years ago, pre-kids and pre-fat.... :haha:) so he loves to tell me everything I'm doing wrong and how I could "fix" my body :nope:

Hmm I struggled today with tris and chest :(

Well, I managed to do 10 proper press ups, then 7 with 3 on my knees, then 6 with 4 on my knees. So I've progressed there.

But my incline dumbbell press should have been 7.5kg and I couldn't physically do it then struggled with 5kg!! But then managed 7.5kg for the flyes.

Then when it came to the one arm cable tri extension, well I could barely do it on 2! It was the last exercise so my arms were tired but I felt a bit crappy not managing it properly :(

Also, my gym doesn't have the equipment for the roman chair leg raise. It only has a pull up bar so will I be able to do the same sorted thing on that? (God only knows how I, gona be strong enough by Friday to do pull ups haha!)

I've learned to not mention working out or the gym to DH. He was a body builder (years ago, pre-kids and pre-fat.... :haha:) so he loves to tell me everything I'm doing wrong and how I could "fix" my body :nope:

Mines always like 'try this, try that, eat this.' He has actually helped me with my technique on some bits. He was a Pti in the army until January and now works for a boot camp so he can't help himself lol. It's annoying sometimes though when he thinks he knows best about it everything when I'm not even asking! X

Lol.

Well I did back and biceps today. Its good how fast this program builds up strength. But I was a bit silly, a friend whos started coming to the gym wanted me to show her squats with the squat rack (coz i'm such a pro :/) and she wanted to start using it, so I did 2 sets of 10 using 30kg and omg my bum hurts now!

I'm so glad you posted this or else I probably wouldn't have ever started going!

What sortof meals do you eat?

For breakfast I eat 6 egg whites with chicken and red peppers and mushrooms and im going to start having 1 serving of protein powder in shake form with unsweetened almond milk.

snack 3 hours later is a protein bar

lunch 3 hours later is tuna with veggies grilled and a salad with dressing. may add another shake here.

snack 3 hours later is greek yogurt and some almonds

supper 3 hours later is 1 carb 1 meat and 2 veggie servings

snack 3 hours later is some almonds another egg white omelette and a peice of fruit - usually pear or apple.

i advise getting a food scale, it's amazing how much you think a portion is when it's really not and you are overeating.

I have 160g carbs a day, 150g protein, and 60g fats (healthy ones).

As for my workout from yesterday, boy am I ever in pain today! I hurt all the way from my calves to my glutes and it hurts to do everything. lol today is back and biceps.

ETA-If you struggle in one area, it's ok you are still trying. Give it another shot next time!

See I'm following slimming world, but trying to eat a lot of protein. I hurt everywhere. Supposed to be on legs again tomorrow but I'm not sure it's a good idea :/ x

You could take 1 day off, or do lighter weight? I push through the pain but if you can't handle it one day off won't hurt. You will just have to pick up where you left off the next day.

Ill see how bad I feel in the morning as I'm at work from 11.30-21.30 so won't be a nice shift if I hurt myself any further lol.

Are you trying to lose weight with this or just tone up?

Ill see how bad I feel in the morning as I'm at work from 11.30-21.30 so won't be a nice shift if I hurt myself any further lol.

Are you trying to lose weight with this or just tone up?

I often find that, once I get started, it doesn't really hurt.
Plus, once you've trained, your muscles will be nice and warm so you can do some stretching or (even better) foam rolling :)
xx

Go in and walk/warm up for 10 minutes. If it still very painful, that's a sign it's too much. If it's 'okay', then it's mild DOMS and get to it. I personally wouldn't use a split routine until I was intermediate-advanced, that can sometimes be too much volume for a body part and that's why beginners on split routines can end up with very nasty DOMS. General full body workouts for beginners work best.

I am trying to lose weight AND tone up plus maintain lean muscle. I have alot of inches I want off my lower back and my sides. I weigh 144 lbs now but I've been maintaining it but it's mostly all muscle I am gaining. I started at 151 lbs. My goal is 135 lbs but I think if I get to 140 while maintaining all my lean muscle I will be happy so long as I look lean.

I had alot of saggy skin from after I had my daughter in 2012, she was really a huge baby (10 lbs 7 oz) and I am quite short so my torso is really short as well which caused severely hanging loose skin, it has tightened up quite a bit though but I want it tighter! I start the cardio in 2 weeks.

How about you?

Sorry - my post sounded a bit snotty - I didn't mean it too! xx

Go in and walk/warm up for 10 minutes. If it still very painful, that's a sign it's too much. If it's 'okay', then it's mild DOMS and get to it. I personally wouldn't use a split routine until I was intermediate-advanced, that can sometimes be too much volume for a body part and that's why beginners on split routines can end up with very nasty DOMS. General full body workouts for beginners work best.

What is a split routine?

Sorry - my post sounded a bit snotty - I didn't mean it too! xx

I don't think it did! And ftr I totally agree, once you wake up and get moving around it's really not that bad. You get used to the pain lol

You're doing a split routine - it's where you do different body parts (or groups of) on each day :)
The alternative would be to do a full body routine 3x a week.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->