Weight Loss

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
I remember reading a thread a while back and someone posted a link to show the trend for weight gain in breastfed babies....does anyone know this link?

Amelia was gaining weight really well but in a month she has only put on about 10oz and last week she lost weight. So i am back to getting her weighed weekly again.....

She was poorly last week but only 24hours, and after that she was feeding every 2/3hours. Now she is feeding every 3/4hours.

Does anyone have any advice or experience of this ? I'm really concerned that the HV/Midwife is going to tell me i need to top up with formula. Which i don't want to do at all, last time this made her really sick.

She seems fine in herself bright and alert happy and laughing, but i have noticed her chubby lil legs and cheeks aren't so chubby anymore and her skin seems a little loose and not so plump....

ah hun, I don't really know what to say! Apart from Alasdair seems to have these problems and he is mostly formula fed! I think the babies are just keeping us on our toes. I hope someone finds the link for you and that the HV is supportive x

Charlies weight changed all the time...this will be a bit long but i'll post his weight increases every two weeks from birth

Birth = 8lb 10.5 oz {3.92 KG}
for some reson his book jumps straight to 4 weeks
4 Weeks = 11lb {5.00 KG}
6 Weeks = 12lb 4oz {5.55 KG}
8 Weeks = 13lb 2oz {5.95 KG}
10 Weeks = 13lb 13oz {6.27 KG}
12 Weeks = 14lb 5oz {6.50 KG}
14 Weeks = 14lb 11oz {6.66 KG}
16 Weeks = 15lb 4oz {6.98 KG}
17 Weeks = 16lb {7.25 KG}

As you can see some times he only put on 6oz in two weeks, other times he put on 10oz in one week (like this week!!) Charlie was poorly two weeks ago and didnt put much on but he made up for it this week!

He seems to have put on a good amount of weight though each week....this is how Amelia's weight gain has been:
Birth - 9lb 10oz
5days - 8lb 11oz
2weeks - 9lb 8oz
4weeks - 11lb 2oz
5weeks - 11lb 14oz
6weeks - 12lb 3oz
9weeks - 12lb 14oz
10weeks - 12lb 12oz

I know it isn't a big weight loss but she hasn't gained much recently either....

Alasdair lost 4 oz between 9 and a half and 10 and a half weeks. I think my HV was quite happy (well not happy but not really unhappy) when that had happened. It's only now that he's still doing it that they're getting a bit uptight and controlling about his weight. I don't think you should worry until you get her weighed again. You said she seems perfectly happy when she is awake so I'm sure she is fine. I spoke to my GP about how anal the hv's have become about Ally's weight today and she said that if I wanted I could take him to her every few weeks to get weighed instead of the hv's. I think sometimes they can become a bit obsessed. Maybe you could take her to your GP just for reassurance?

Humm she hasnt really has she, considering she was a pound heavyer than him at birth by ten weeks he was a pound heavyer than she is now (does that make sence??). we have a yellow book with a growth chart in it, i think there red down south but dont you have one? she should follow a line, charlies gone above and below his line but id take a guess that she would be well below it...:S

yes i do have a red book and she started out on the 98th percentile dropped down to the 75th when she first lost weight then went back up to 98th/99th but she is now on the 75th again. The thing is it is based on formula fed babies which is why i wondered if anyone knew the b/f baby line graph...?

Thats what i was concerned about when you posted Charlie's weight gain, as you said Amelia started a pound heavier and at the age she is now he has overtaken her and is a pound heavier already.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->