Weird, every other month, cycles?!

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
So..
I just started temping this last cycle..

My cycles look like this:

Cycle Start Date Ovulation Cycle Length Luteal Phase
Apr 28, 2010 13 27 14

Mar 20, 2010 26 39 13

Feb 21, 2010 - 27 -

Jan 12, 2010 - 40 -

Dec 15, 2009 - 28 -

See that every other month my cycle is around 39/40 days and then the month after that its my normal 28/27 days ..

Anyone know what this could be?
I think I did ovulate my march 20 cycle..because the day when i thought i ovulate, 13 days later AF showed, and my normal luteal phase is around 13-14 days..

Perhaps sometimes your ovulation fails:wacko:
On long cycles, do you have 2 ewcm days?

When I have long cycles (that's most of the time), I have almost ewcm around CD18 and proper ewcm at around CD32 (46day cycle).

I'm trying to regulate it by taking Soy Isoflavones from this cycle to see if it helps:winkwink:

I conceived on one of these long cycles, and it ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks(baby died at 10 weeks). I'm thinking long cycles could have caused it:cry:

Well my march 20 cycle I didnt temp yet in the beginning, I started at CD30.
All those temps are way higher than the next cycles pre ovulation temps.

So both of my last 2 cycles are quiet similar, except the OV date/ cycle lenght

Im very sorry about your loss! Hugs!!

Any cycle less than 42 days are considered normal, so I don't think you need to worry.
It's just that you have less ov/year than the lucky 28day cyclers:blush:

Yea I think it's just weird though that I happen to have it every other month, I used to just have normal 28 day cycles..I still do, just every other month?! :wacko:
Think something to do with my hormones, every since Im so baby crazy, this has been happening? I think...:wacko:
And Im not even TTC, we're NTNP, it's just that babies are on my mind 24/7 and sometimes it drives me nuts.

Maybe one of my ovaries is working less, so it takes a lil longer to ovulate?
Or maybe im stressed every other month..??
Weird!

Maybe one of my ovaries is working less, so it takes a lil longer to ovulate?

That was my first thought, since we ovulate back and forth from ovary to ovary each month. Since it seems so consistent, maybe its taking one a little longer to let the egg go.

I have a friend who only gets her AF once every other month because only one ovary works.

Good Luck & Lots of baby dust!!!

Hmm, well every other month, with the long cycles my AF is only like 3 days while with the normal 28 day cycles it's about 5.

BUMP!!

I think I mentioned a zillion times already now, but I just realized I am O'ing and it's CD 29. =p

I'm not trying to conceive (created an account to respond) but I recently went from having regular periods to alternating between long and short periods like you (29day cycles paired with 48-58day cycles) and out of concern asked my doctor she said that there was nothing to be worried about and it was most likely due to my weight (bmi 16.3) even though I haven't actually lost weight. If you've lost some weight recently our are just generally really skinny it could be the cause, if not it could be all the stress. After searching the internet I think the exact reason is that one of my ovaries is more sensitive to my low weight than the other and it simply could be that one of your ovaries is more sensitive to stress than the other. So maybe try some relaxation techniques and mention it at your next obgyn appointment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->