Weird FB issue

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
I was just chatting to a friend on private messaging on FB and messages kept appearing as if they were typed by me but I hadn't done them. Has someone been logged in as me somewhere? I've changed my password and clicked log out of other devices but am freaked out

Any ideas? Thanks

Just random messages? Sounds like somebody else was on your FB at the same time :wacko:

yeah there was several saying I love you and one saying can't do that but maybe saturday and other random shit, it was happening as I was having a conversation with her :wacko:

:wacko: did it stop when you changed your password and logged out of all devices? Were the messages in reply to what your friend was saying to you?

Sounds strange!

:wacko: did it stop when you changed your password and logged out of all devices? Were the messages in reply to what your friend was saying to you?

Sounds strange!

yeah they've stopped now. Some of them were sort of replying to her messages, others were gibberish :shrug:

That's really strange! You could report this to facebook - they can check the IP address where you were logged in at. Obviously, if you were logged in twice (once as you and once by someone else) fb should be able to tell.

You can also check your privacy settings and check where your last log ins were. I checked mine once and it showed that I apparently checked in from Australia when I had been nowhere near! Go to privacy settings > security > active sessions to see which cities your fb had been accessed most recently and it could help you figure out who logged in as you..? The only thing is that they only give your last 3 locations or something so you may still need to contact fb..

Good luck!

That's really strange! You could report this to facebook - they can check the IP address where you were logged in at. Obviously, if you were logged in twice (once as you and once by someone else) fb should be able to tell.

You can also check your privacy settings and check where your last log ins were. I checked mine once and it showed that I apparently checked in from Australia when I had been nowhere near! Go to privacy settings > security > active sessions to see which cities your fb had been accessed most recently and it could help you figure out who logged in as you..? The only thing is that they only give your last 3 locations or something so you may still need to contact fb..

Good luck!
Thank you for this. I've just checked my active sessions thing - and it had a location on that I've never heard of. What does that mean?! Has someone else logged in to my account? Xx

Sometimes using that is a bit off, when I use it at work it says I'm in England (I'm in Scotland) but I always know that location is work ykwim?

It doesn't necessarily mean someone has logged into your account, but it's a real possibility, especially given the strange activity. Sometimes it doesn't log your exact location but your nearest big city or something?

I'd google the place it said you logged in at and see how far away it is.

If someone has logged in as you whilst you're using it, you'd be automatically signed out..

Was this a shared chat? Where she can invite others to join the conversation?

Also, if you share devices like a cellphone and your Facebook is automatically stored in it, maybe someone in your household have access to it (like your kids). Although you do have to log in if you changed your password.

Thanks for all the replies girls.

It was just a chat between me and one friend.

Active sessions only shows me 2 things. Phone and laptop.

I can't figure out how to report lol

Thanks for all the replies girls.

It was just a chat between me and one friend.

Active sessions only shows me 2 things. Phone and laptop.

I can't figure out how to report lol

It doesn't tell you the location of phone/laptop? I'm not on my laptop so can't figure out how to report to fb but you should just be able to google it I think? It's definitely quite odd. I'd change my password if I were you (and your email password since someone can get into your fb that way too)

Yeah it tells me Edinburgh which is the nearest city so close enough.

I changed my password straight away and it said would you like to log other devices out to secure account so obvs I did that and then it all stopped happening x

And run an anti virus software too.

My uncle did get his password and facebook stolen because texas poker facebook app. Some girl asked him to download something. She wanted to steal his poker account because he was virtually "rich".

I'm glad it's stopped happening at least! It's horrible to think someone might have been on your fb - I keep getting people trying to get into my email account and it makes me wonder how safe internet banking really is!

Yeah I have good antivirus and ran an extra scan. It is really horrid feeling like someone was on my account, I feel violated :/ It's a good thing I was online and noticed right away and changed PWs and everything.

deafgal that's shit what happened to your uncle, people are not right :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->