Weird period or late implantation bleeding?

floydx

Reaction score
Okay I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar to this and then ended up being pregnant.

Okay so my period was supposed to start on the 10th and didn't. I took a preg test on the 12 and 13 both neg and so i decided to just keep waiting and then on the 14th around 7 pm I got a little spotting and thought it was the beginning of my period so I put in a tampon and waited and the next morning it was full and it seemed like a normal period (just late) but the bleeding ended yesterday night (the 17th. So my 4 day LATE period only lasted 3 days and its normally 5 to 6 days)

So now I'm wondering if that was really my period or since it was late and so short if that could have just been really late and heavy implant bleeding. If it was late implantation bleeding how long should I wait until testing again?

I'd say its most likely a period, maybe an anovulatory cycle?

I've had implantation bleeding all 3 pregnancies and its just a one off spot for me. I've had BFP 2 days later for #1&#2 and 1day after with the miscarriage pregnancy.

Did you end up testing again? What happened?

I am in a similar situation - I tested BFN at 14dpo, and later that day started bleed for 3 days. I thought at first it was AF ( just really short - I'm usually full 5 days) but I tested ( just for fun ) at 21dpo and got BFP immediately.

My doctor appt isn't until next week - I'm hoping it wasn't an early mc but not sure. I don't have any preg symptoms.

Floyd - Did you test again? One of my friends had a 2 day period (usually 7 days) and found out she was pregnant. So it's definitely worth testing again.

Anon - congrats on your BFP and let me know what the doc says.

I have kinda had the opposite situation:

On 11th & 12th I had two days of pinkish/brownish spotting (around 9-10dpo) so I thought this was implantation.

But then on 13th/14th I had two days of bleeding (bright red) so just thought AF had shown up early. AF is usually two days but it did seem a little lighter than usual and the flow was a bit inconsistent (heavy-light-very light-heavy-nothing).

Then from 15th to 19th I had 5 days of brownish spotting.

I've never had pre-AF spotting before and usually only spot for 1-2 days after so do you think its worth me testing too? If so when should I test? AF was due on 16th.

Xx

Bing - I think you should try testing again if your bleed was siginificantly different from usual AF. I use Wondfo brand HPT. They're reliable enough, and I don't feel bad testing whenever I feel like it since they're super cheap (from Amazon they're like 40 cents each).

Like now, I'm getting pretty anxious waiting for my dr appt next week, so I just do a Wondfo test every day - just to reassure myself! I know - its crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->