Weird weird weird!

kateqpr

Reaction score
Yesterday i felt my first proper kicks. Yay!!!

BUT they keep on scareing the life out of me! I can feel them in the lower right of my tummy, and they come just after i've eaten something when i'm really hungry. (it was a cup of coffee that started it yesterday).

I like it in one way, because i know the little one is active, but i also find it a bit freaky and not comfortable. It's just really weird and takes me by surprise. Anyone else feel the same at this stage?

Also, i weighed myself this morning and i haven't really put on any weight in the last 3 weeks (even though my bump has defintely got bigger and at my scan the other day all the measurements were right). And i've been eating quite a bit of cake too. Just wondering whether because i've been on pretty much bed rest for 10 days my muscles have disappeared leaving just fat!! (which i know weighs less than muscles). Really thought i'd have piled on the pounds. :(

aww it is quite strange feeling the kicks until u get used to it

i dont wanna put u off like but the further along u get the weirder it feels hehe, mine sometimes feels like she is gettin her hand trapped in my intestines :S

it is even weirder being able to see ur belly move cos of the kicks, like something out of alien haha, it is still so cute though

x

You just wait to pile them pounds on! I said that for 20 weeks and bang! I put on only 5lbs or a little bit more when I got the appitite back again. Remember the baby eats your calories to, so baby will be fine.

I get a bit freaked by kicks the odd time. more in the past. Its just new and weird feeling that.

I'm almost 18 weeks with my 4th baby. I have usually felt lots by now but only feeling tiny movements - lower left side.
Also - I have not put a single pound on yet!

i have put on about 3/4lb so far, they dont weigh you at antenatal visits now because it has no bearing on healthy pregnancy so dont worry about weight.

I had a few kicks last night that shocked me, it does feel weird but i think it will be worse when i see my belly move!! xx

yeah, i was suprised because i started feeling kicks early for a 1st pregnancy, and now im really getting walloped and it feels weird. OH got a kicking last night too, said it was like being poked. Lord knows what im breeding. some kinda footballing octopus..

I havent put on that much so far! Quite glad to be honest

I was just like that at the start, really suprised when it happened and half anxious/scared to feel it again unexpectedly but now two weeks later i'm so used to it i dont notice all of them lol. I haven't put on any weight either which is weird cos bump is mahooosive.. but by the sounds of it we have it to come yet lol damn it! xxxx

Ive lost about 9 -14 lbs tho im overweight. Im only feeling pops at the mo (but i know they are the begiinings of the kicks :happydance:

your right it is wierd... when i first felt mine i felt very strange and i confess to feeling a little bit sick. I have been feeling mine now for about 3-4 weeks and getting used to it, now its fab!

Yay!!!! You're not going to get any peace now! Once I felt my first kick that was it, I suddenly realised what an active little baby I have. It is very strange and even more so as they get stronger, sometimes Pip kicks me so hard it makes me jump, quite often I can see him moving around inside my belly - that's very strange, but also very cute!

So pleased you felt your LO honey, hope everything else's ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"