Welcome: Gender Disappointment

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Gender disappointment is a sensitive topic and we believe many of our members feel lonely with nowhere to talk, fearing the reaction within other sections on BabyandBump ... now you have somewhere to talk.

Anyone found not to be using the forum for support will have their permissions reversed and may also be issued a penalty on their account.

Please report any issues to us immediately.

We hope many find the new support forum helpful.

Wobbles
x

Thankyou for putting this on here, my husband was very disappointed when we found out our last baby was a boy and really wants this one to be a girl, I think he will sadly be disappointed again though.
It's nice to have somewhere to be able to write without feeling like you will be judged x

Thank you for this forum, it's nice to be able to talk about our feelings and not get attacked xx

Thankyou so much for this! when i first joined baby and bump my very first post was about gender dissapointment...yet here i am thinking ive got over it and 10 months on i still pine for a girl :( xxx

Thanks so much Wobbles, I really appreciate that you've added this new section. It will make a nice change from some of the threads that pop up from time to time! ;)

Think this is a brilliant idea :thumbup: x x

Am I allowed to post here if I haven't yet had a baby? I'm desperate for a boy and I know if I had a girl I would be really disappointed. Don't want anyone thinking i'm a bit of a weirdo just hanging around!

Thanks for creating this section...i feel safe here.

Am I allowed to post here if I haven't yet had a baby? I'm desperate for a boy and I know if I had a girl I would be really disappointed. Don't want anyone thinking i'm a bit of a weirdo just hanging around!

Of course you're welcome :hugs:

Thanks for this section....after giving birth to my third daughter, my husband was very disappointed...and said to me maybe fourth time lucky. (unfortunately had to have a hysterectomy) 6 wks after 3rd daughter was born.

He did apologise...but I still think about what he said after all these years...but I would not change my 3 beautiful daughters for the world.

Pregnant with my first. My DH and I really wanted a girl. Come to find out it's a boy. We've kind of gotten used to it now (at 33 weeks) but part of me still really wants to buy little dresses. DH still asks the doctor every month if he's sure it's still a boy. LOL.
I'm sure we'll both be happy that he's healthy, and we'll love him, but I'm still dissapointed about the dresses.

Thanks for this section....after giving birth to my third daughter, my husband was very disappointed...and said to me maybe fourth time lucky. (unfortunately had to have a hysterectomy) 6 wks after 3rd daughter was born.

He did apologise...but I still think about what he said after all these years...but I would not change my 3 beautiful daughters for the world.

Thankyou wobbles for this section. I have three beautiful daughters all with c-sections. I was told last time by the consultant not to have anymore but I thought I'll try one more time, at my 20 week scan i didn't ask but definitely sure its a girl because it had no bits between legs, so very disappointed because this is my last baby :cry: Hope baby is healthy x

Update: baby indeed is my fourth girl, had it confirmed at a 29 week growth scan, no little man for me in my life x

i now know i'm not on my own...... thank you so much xxxxxxxxxxxx

please dont get me wrong, i am pregnant with a little boy and am very excite. and by the 3D ultra sounds he looks just like his daddy, very handsome and adorable. in the beginning me and my mother were so convinced we were having a girl she started buying pink items, (nothing to expensive) and we found out he was a boy and i started crying. i dont know if it was the hormones, disappointment, or the fact that i was scared because they wanted to do blood work for down syndrome and spina bifida, but like a big baby i was crying in the Dr.s office. Today i was babysitting two toddlers of the age of 2 and 3. one boy and one girl. The boy, age 2, was wild, whinny, couldnt talk and well a bit aggravating. the girl, age 3, was sweet, yet clingy, and very helpful and wanted me to brush her hair and pull it up, rub her back while she watched barney and was just a delight. I must say these children are being raised in VERY different environment than our child will be raised in however i cant stop thinking that my child will be very difficult just because of his gender. i am looking forward to getting up at all hours of night to do the feedings and changing and, well just to hold him for that bonding time i hear so much about. I think im worried about the age where there grow a little independant and wont be my little boy anymore. Me and my mom are so close, best friends have you, and i guess i wanted that with my own. i dont know that i even have a question to ask, but just to vent because i dont even know how to explain it to make sense. but with me being 34 weeks sunday, i guess i better prepare my self for the worse. im a first time mother and dont know what to expect.

thank you lubbird its nice to have a little support i wouldnt dare share these feelings with OH

You can discuss all your feelings here and everyone will understand you, that's what is so important about this section I think :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->