Welcome to first trimester, here is an insight of what you may expect at 9 weeks..

dollyminxture

Mammy to 1 and expecting
Reaction score
This post is a bit of a rant about the joys of first trimester, please enjoy and don't take to heart, I am so excited about my baby but this is what is going on at the minute.

So, here we are, 9 weeks in to the first trimester. Gone is the initial excitement, and here comes the minor ailments as the midwife tells me. This is my rant, and I am sure many of you will relate in more ways than one.

Nausea/sickness, its all day, and it doesn't stop for anything, it started at around 6 weeks in this pregnancy, and it has now culminated with me being unable to go swimming or walk the dog without a "sick break" Why does everything smell so bad? Garlic, cooking meat, onions, the grill in general, the waste bins, raw meat, tea, coffee, eggs, fish, EVERYTHING stinks and I don't want to eat anything at all! Fruit and vegetables, what are those? I am living on bread, some pickled onions, and not much else! I wonder if pickled onions will be a craving this time?

Tiredness, oh tiredness, my 4 year old son never slept properly until he was 2 and still wakes at 6am every morning without fail (he doesn't realise weekends mean lie in!) and I still can't remember ever being quite this exhausted. Naps after work are difficult when you already have children, thankfully though I have a supportive husband who lets me go to bed really early and makes sure our son gets to bed. 7pm is the new 10.30pm. Then it is the trying to sleep on left hand side struggle, I try and I try, but still wake up on my front, am I hurting my baby? Why can't I lie still? Why am I awake at 3am again? Why do I need the toilet again, the last time I drank was 6pm. What was that dream all about? Feeding lost husky dogs in a field with chocolate eggs for dogs, in snow! Goodness I hope they don't get any worse!

Ouch my boobs, they have always been big but now they are huge, and sore, and heavy, and it hurts! My pants are tighter already even though I'm losing weight, this is so confusing! And if my other half touches the boobies one more time there will be hell to pay.

and then there are mood swings, "I'm so happy, no I'm not, I'm angry and do not know why, and tired, so tired, and I just want to curl in a ball and go to sleep." I can't concentrate at work, and think we should have nap time in the afternoons. "Ah but I am so happy, but I am worried about everything, remember labour last time, that wasn't nice, and you still haven't lost your baby weight from 4 years ago, this one will be worse, you are going to be an elephant."

Basically the first trimester is probably the worst, but.. when it is over and you get to the nice second trimester, where you will actually glow and bloom, and eat, and be merry, you get to see your bundle of joy at your scan, and you know then, that all the fear and the "minor ailments" of the first trimester will all be worth it. :cloud9:

Somehow makes it all a little better knowing you're not insane, we're all feeling these up and down emotions.

You have just gone through everything I'm feeling at the minute.. Glad to know I'm not the only one... I have a fridge full of ready cooked meals as I just can't bear the thought of cooking as you said the smell of everything is just revolting... All day nausea and sickness is physically draining and going off every single bit of food apart from crackers and apples.. My face is dreadful my 3 year old could play dot to dot on it with the amount of spots I have come out in... I just want the second trimester to hurry up as I just want to feel a bit like me again!

This explains everything I've been experiencing! Just add severe nasal congestion and I feel like I could have written it!

On the plus side, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, we're already over halfway done with the first trimester!

Yeah I'm with you on the mucus thing, there's so much from everywhere, I swear I'm even producing more ear wax and then there is the oil slick that was my hair. I can't wait until 13 weeks. I remember with my son I woke up and felt awake for the first time in weeks, it was a euphoric feeling.

Oh man I hear you sister!!

This is my first pregnancy and for some reason I had never ever thought about sickness. Only until I reached bang on 6 weeks and wow! Ive been off work since! I feel like I could have written that myself. I am so fed up. What happened to 'glowing' during pregnancy?! I feel awful!! Hoping to God this awful feeling ends in 2nd tri. Hoping and praying. Ive never felt so yuk in my entire life

I'm so glad to hear things get better after 12 wks!! I am counting down the days!! On top of the nausea have woken up with a horrible head cold and I can't even take anything for it :-( sooo miserable :-(

Ah I forgot to add the mucus too! My nose is something else, constantly blocked or running with thick green snot. It is disgusting. Breaking out in spots too and greasy hair. We have all turned in to teenage boys by the sound of it, well teenage boys with growing tummys and breasts :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->