Welcome to the world...(Birth story)

Hannah :)

Pregnant with #3!
Reaction score
To our baby GIRL Lily Jessica Johnson :cloud9:
Born at 11:54pm at 36weeks and 6days (just lol) weighing in at 8lbs 3oz (not bed been as she a little bit early!) And SHE'S STUNNING!

Was hard work getting her out though! As some of you have seen all the drama about bring in hospital since last Sunday and know one believing me for ages saying "your just leaking water!" Errrrrrm no I'm not!

So I went in and INSISTED that I was leaking water and luckily one of the consultants listened to me and yes I was leaking water!
So back into hospital I came for the night. About 10:30 the next morning I was taken down to delivery and had my waters broke to see what happened, luckily this did the trick and I didn't havr to have a drip. I gradually started feeling the contractions building and building and then I started to dilate!
By about 9pm I was 9cm's and started feeling the urge to push but I tried my best to hold back been as I still had a little bit of cervix left to go. I stayed at 9cms for just under 2 and a half hours and Lily had started to get distressed. The doctor came in and took a blood sample from the top of her head (whilst she was still inside) and when the results came back she took a look at the bit of paper and shouted "Theatre now!" And whilst everyone was busy rushing round me, stripping me off and making me sign paper work she explained that lily's oxygen was dangerously low and we needed to get her out now by c section.
I was rushed into theatre and she was out in 14minutes! It was like something you'd see on a tv program!
Trying to hold her in without pushing for those 14minuets was by far the HARDEST thing I've ever had to do in my life! I had to use all by focus and even then I couldn't help but give a few pushes. Just how your body does it for you and you don't have that much control is such a mad feeling.
Anyway she was out :) Ross got to hold her for about a minute and then she was taken up to special care for a few injections. She was fine but they wanted to make sure she was %100. They kept her up there for 3hours but it wasn't that bad being away from her been as I knew she ok. Afterwards the main surgeon told me "we got her out just in time! Things could of been a lot worse".
Lily was ok but I had the obvious section wound to close up but because of all the trauma of them having to get her out so fast I had a tear in my uterus and one somewhere near my bladder so that took a while to close up!

All in all everyone's fine and pretty healthy. Lilys on antibiotics and so am I but that's it really!

I absolutely loved the labour bit though! Its such an amazing feeling! I just used gas and air. It doesn't help with the pain in my opinion BUT it gives you something to focus on which if you have never been in labour you don't quite realise until you get there how valuable that is!
Every thinks I'm a right big head but I'm just so proud of myself haha I didn't scream, shout, swear or cry. I just concentrated on my breathing and the gas and air and it really gets you through!

I'll have to post a pic when I get home been as my phone is poop and won't let me :(

So welcome to the world Little Lily! The whole family have fallen in love with you instantly!

X

Awww congratulations!! So glad you and your little girl are okay, and well done for only having gas and air! Cant wait to see pictures xx

Congratulations hun, hope you are both doing well! :D xx

Congrats, glad everyone turned out okay

Congratulations! Well done for you getting through on gas and air! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back