Welcome to the world Scarlett Rose Born 19/12/2009

nicanbump09

mummy to scarlett rose
Reaction score
It all started on thursday 17th dec at about 4pm, I was already 7 days overdue and getting really frustrated and fed up, I'd tried everything pineapple, rasberry leaf tea, hot curry, sex you name it not even a niggle ! I got a phone call from a friend asking if I fancied lunch out, so at about 1.30 I headed for lunch at frankie and bennys yum yum, thank god i had three courses little did i know it would be the last thing I ate for 48hrs! During my pudding of hot cinnamon waffle and ice cream mmmmm I started feeling funny niggling pains but they didnt hurt I noted the time then carried on then I had another half an hour later just as we were getting ready to leave. I told my friend who practically dragged me out of the resturaunt faster than I could waddle ! She took me back to hers and I sat had a brew and timed them some more, they were still every half an hour Then I looked out side It was SNOWING ! it never snows in blackpool ! It had come down thick and fast and my friend had to drive me home where my oh met me ! I decided to try an get some rest, had a bath an went to bed, the bath must have slowed or stalled the contractions because i was able to sleep until about 5am when they started back up with gusto ! I was supposed to go to have a sweep booked for that morning an decided to ring the midwife to check if i should still go, she said to go and she would check me out ! anyway i went and she decided to give me a sweep anyway (ouch!) I was already 2cm dilated and having contractions as she did it which was extra painful ! My blood pressure had risen again as it had during the last few weeks of my pregnancy so the midwife decided to send me to the day unit to check the baby was ok. We went and they strapped me up gave me a brew and a cardigan for the baby (xmas pressie ha ha) and said everything was fine, the thing that most upset me was they said, "you should have your baby here before xmas day !" Whhhhaaattt !? I was already in pain and my contractions were now every ten mins apart I hoped it would be here sooner ! I went home tried to eat but couldnt watched a bit of tv tried to relax but all the time they were getting stronger and stronger I rang my mum who said "I dont think you're in labour because you'd know about it and you seem very calm !" That had me thinking, is it all in my head !?

7pm came on friday evening and I could no longer stand the pain I didnt even know how I would get in the car! We rang the delivery suite who told us to come in when the contractions where closer together but i demanded i come in something inside me knew I had to be there ! Got to the hospital after much pain, the bumps do not help! Could hardly stand as i got checked in!

I knew as I walked past the birthing pool room that my birth plan had gone out the window but at that moment in time I didnt really care ! I was then examined, the bad news was i wasnt much further than when i went for my sweep I was only 3-4 cms dilated argh She gave me another sweep! So the midwife told me that they would examine me again in 3 hours and if i was no further they would send me home !!!! noooooooo!! She made me stand in the shower for twenty minutes which was not ideal to say the least was beginning to feel like it was definetly all in my head now ! I asked to get out of the shower then my oh was told my mum had turned up so he went out to see her she was panicking bless prob more than me ! But then out of the blue because my oh had left the room i lost it ! Started panicking thats when they gave me that wonderful stuff called gas and air oooohhh yessss that was soooo much better ! I sat on the birthing ball and rocked and squeezed a bean bag on the bed and sucked on my gas and air for what seemed like and was hours! It kind of makes you a little bit drunk and my oh was laughing because I kept saying things to the midwives like " stop playing on facebook and come and help me" ha ha! anyway that went on till they examined me again at about 3am i had then gone to about 7cm dilated i still thought they were going to send me home !! Then I carried on until about 5am and they put me on a birthing stool which is where i lost my bloody plug and started to leak a bit of waters ! All the while my poor oh was looking on in horror he looked sooo tired ! They then decided to break my waters wooossshhhh all over the place, they then tried to get me to go to the loo to empty my bowels to make it a bit easier but i couldnt i was just trying to get off before my next contraction it got to about 7ish and i started pusing which is the weirdest sensation ! it got to about 9 am and i couldnt push anymore that was it i was done soooooo tired, next minute after checking the babies heart beat again a whole load of people flooded the room, the heart beat had gone down and they decided they needed to get the lo out i didnt really know wat was going on, all i heardc was ceaserean or forceps, i didnt really care as long as they got lo out safe and stopped the pain ! they decided on forceps. so i sucked on my gas an air and they inserted the dreaded forceps nothing compares to this i nearly jumped off the bed. They then asked me to try and push and they pulled the head out then one more laboured push and my beautiful baby was pulled out and placed on my chest ! all i could say is "what is it, what is it?" My OH had a look but said he didnt know ha ha :wacko: Then someone Shouted its a girl and then took her from us cleaned her up and gave her to daddy! I was soooo happy I kept shouting we've got a beautiful baby girl and my oh looked like he was going to cry with happiness and relief! thats when I realised how much of a mess i was in ! I was covered in blood and was then told i needed to go to theatre as i had a third degree tear ! to be honest the adrenalin had kicked in i didnt care i just wanted to look at my baby girl, they wheeled her in at the side of me and throughout the whole thing she never closed her beautiful blue eyes and we stared at each other, totally amazed !

As traumatising as it was she is the best xmas present ever for mummy and daddy ! Scarlett Rose - born 19th december 2009- 8lb4oz ! :cloud9:Baby first days 018.jpg

Baby first days 023.jpg

Baby first days 037.jpg

Welcome to the world baby! congratulations

Well done that sounded hard and tough but you got through it to have a beautiful daughter. Congrats! She is beautiful. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->