Well that's me officially done with laying on my back

MummyM86

Reaction score
Oh my goodness!!!

I was laying in bed last night, propped up but on my back, reading a mag. Went to turn over to my side to sleep and couldn't move!! I had to fling my hips to get myself on my side. I thought the pain would go away in my sleep. But of course as soon as the pain settled I needed to pee:dohh:

Hubby had to come upstairs and get me out of bed!!! I was crying. It was a horrible stabbing pain in my hip, buttock and down to my foot.

Anyone else had anything like this? Do I just need to stop laying on my back? I'm a bit dim and seem to have forgotten EVERYTHING from when I was pregnant last time, only 3 years ago lol.

Could have possibly pinched you siatic (sorry, spelling) nerve, that one runs from lower back, thru the hip, dow the buttock and down the leg. Even if the nerve is only trapped for a second in can cause pain and aches for days afterwards.

Yeah sounds like sciatica. I think it's fairly common. I had it bit towards the end of my last pregnancy, but never that bad and never from just rolling over in bed. Is it still bothering you, or has is mostly died down?

I wanted to add that I get stabbing round ligament pain in my bump if I roll over suddenly in bed. Since that stared, I've been trying to be very careful when rolling over, making sure to try to move my legs with my torso, to minimize twisting, if you know what I mean.

I had this near the end of my pregnancy with number 1. With number two it started at the end of my first trimester and lasted the rest of the time. I hope yours was a fluke but mine always happened when I layed on my side. I had to start sleeping in a recliner. :hugs: seriously I hope this was a one time thing for you.

I have to say considering this post is in 1st tri the title led me to think it may be about something entirely different. Lmao 😉

Its still quite painful today but manageable. Hopefully will wear off soon.

Ha Blu, i didn't even think how that may have sounded lol!

I had something similar a wk or so ago, I cleaned the house and got pain in my left hip down my butt and leg, i lay on the couch on my back and when I tried to get up the pain was unbearable, i couldn't stand or walk or anything! After doing a bit of research I believe it's pelvic girdle dysfunction, from the pelvis becoming soft and staying in an unlocked position. It went away for me after a couple days, I slept on my side with a pillow between my legs. My sister had the same thing and wore a pelvic support belt.

Sounds like sciatica I had it and spd last pregnancy, moving in bed would have my eyes tear up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->